Developers Focus: Hosted or Cloud?

What do you prefer Hosted Or Cloud?

• Self Hosted

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Cloud

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Gh0st4unt3r

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Sep 21, 2016
stormdevelopers.com
FP$
In search for software or looking for a service what do you prefer, looking to see what people prefer, do you like to self host and have control of all your own data, or do you prefer to use cloud solutions that handle your data for you but knowing there is a greater network that may or may not secure your data.

looking to see what people think to what you choose and why.

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Firstly I look at what the budget is, no use going ahead if you don't have the cash behind you. But for developers side I would go with an good self hosted vps server so then it allows you to have more room and more control over your work. But then you can get managed self hosting cloud servers. It depends on the performance also, physical hardware or virtual environment. But with virtual environment I found that you don't have full control on the server as it's placed allover different servers not like the physical hardware. End of the day developers are always working on projects and they need an good system with full control that allows them to do there work and never goes down and has the full A to B

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
I recall it being said that Amazon has seven or nine nines of durability for data.

That's about 99.9999999% reliability in contrast to storing data on a two-bit machine which more often than not will fail and lose all your data. It will even be replicated to multiple data centers, so that even if someone drops a nuke on it, your data will live.

The main downside however is that cloud infrastructure can be outright vampiric in how much you have to pay for them.

Also, it depends on if cloud means a third party service or one you merely run on cloud servers. This is not the same thing. With one, you have control and can go to another provider, with another, you may be locked into one particular host.

overcast

Package Team Member
Package Team
Dec 27, 2018
FP$
I prefer self hosting and have low end clients which can work with self hosting or the shared hosting. Though there are scenarios when you hosting with AWS, Azure and Google Cloud is beneficial because lot of infrastructure related code can be saved and avoided investing into this way.

BhavKaur

New Arrival
Jan 19, 2021
FP$
Hey user,
I prefer cloud hosted virtual desktops as they suit best in the current scenario. I have reviewed many companies, and they prefer the same. If hosted virtual desktops are taken from the right provider like ACE Cloud Hosting, you can work remotely without any hassle. You get a high level of security, and data is stored in data centers. You don't need to worry about your device configuration as a virtual desktop is not bounded by hardware.

Moreover, providers offer a regular backup on the cloud, and you can reduce the office infrastructure for storing data, which saves your cost. Hence I prefer the combination of both of these.