• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are you can always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account to Forum Promotion by going to you account connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected and if you are part of the FP's Discord, you will automatically be given a role "Approved Users". And when ever a thread/post is created a notication will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

Diplomatic Immunity

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
As one might expect, staff will usually have higher than normal privileges than regular users on a lot of sites, however this often also means that staff can get away with a lots of things that a normal user would never be able to.

For instance, they might be more prone to derailing threads, insulting users, really provoking the user-base when they really shouldn't, etc. just because they have a fancy badge and they will almost always get a higher level of tolerance than any regular user might and punishments may diminished to a mere demotion or firing even for the most objectionable things.

I have been on teams which have banned mods and admins in addition to dismissing them when they have been particularly problematic, although it is easy to fall down the trap of just turning a blind eye to transgressions and I've seen that many times.

Lämmchen

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Staff should follow rules of the site but there are exceptions and those exceptions are when staff is trying to help the board. For example, a staffer might call out a trouble maker within a thread to get the thread on topic. It might come across as rude or as a derailment but it will help the site in the end.

Sites should have guidelines and behavior manuals in place if at all possible, otherwise staff might not know what's really expected of them. Of course there are the power hungry who think their titles can allow them any rights and those are the dangerous staffers.

Marie 1988 Forum

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Sep 1, 2016
FP$
I don't remember ever having a problem with anybody I've hired over the years..maybe had to dish out a warning or two and remind the offending staff of the forum rules, but I don't remember it getting worse than that though