Addicted
Feb 28, 2013
California
www.carlosx360.com
FP$
Site Name: DMC Forums - Devil May Cry Forums
Date Opened: Oct 27, 2017
Review Requested (Quick/Advanced): Free Review Week Shenanigans
Notes: Fairly new Forum, but the domain is older. (I registered it on December 1st, 2012)
Rumors started about a DMC5, then leaks followed, then a surprise announcement at E3 2018...

Last edited:
Talk Mental Health

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
accepted.png

Your Official Review is In Progress!

Thank you for requesting our services. I have tagged your thread and will finish an official review in less than 5 days. In the meantime, you will receive informal feedback from other reviewers and members at Forum Promotion. Once your official review is completed, you will be free to ask questions and receive feedback so long as your website remains open. You will also be able to request another review in thirty days after this Official Review is completed.

edenwax

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 24, 2011
ed3n.me
FP$
Sorry for the delay! Here's your free basic review. :)

Open-icon.png
First Impressions:
My first impressions of this forum are that it looks awesome, loads fast, and has a great board structure! I love how well the theme and background image fit in the with the DMC aesthetic. My only complaint here is that the logo is just the DMC5 logo. Applicable, but I'd like to see "DMC Forums" somewhere on there.

As mentioned in my Switch Forums review, the performance could use some improvement in regards to compressing the images. This would help get rid of the second or two it takes to download the background image. The site itself does load pretty fast otherwise so that's nice.

Great

content-tree-icon.png
Site Structure:
DMC Forums has a pretty good forum structure. It focuses mostly on the DMC series and looks pretty standard as far as gaming forums go. The standard XenForo structure works well for these kinds of forums so everything flows nicely.

Great

New-icon.png
Originality:
I think the design of this forum suite the DMC aesthetic pretty well. The dark macabre / gaming design is perfect for this type of forum. Being that this isn't an original design(Omni by Pixel Exit), it's hard to say its very original, but I think it suits this forum well. I'd love to see some tweaks to the theme's fonts, maybe get the DMC serif font like:
bcQ5EXQ.png

It's hard to dock points for being unoriginal when a premade style works with the forums theme so well, but I feel it should be custom tailored a bit to stand out some. I'm really conflicted here because of how well this works for DMC!

Okay

The thing I liked the best: Theme
The thing I liked the least: Slow/large images need compression

Overall Thoughts:
I really like DMC Forums! I've been wanting to get into the DMC series for some time and this is the kind of place I'd want to go to when I do. It needs some activity, and a dash of creativity in its theme, but it does look great and fits the DMC design very well. I hope this place takes off some day, it could be a great place to discuss Devil May Cry. :)

Official Rating:
Star-Full-icon.png
Star-Full-icon.png
Star-Full-icon.png
Star-Half-Full-icon.png

Review this feedback

Carlos X

Addicted
Feb 28, 2013
California
www.carlosx360.com
FP$
As mentioned in my Switch Forums review, the performance could use some improvement in regards to compressing the images. This would help get rid of the second or two it takes to download the background image. The site itself does load pretty fast otherwise so that's nice.
That IS the compressed image. Here's an original. It was compressed from 4k resolution to show off the power of the Xbox One X...

EDIT: And even if I did compressed the original image, this is what happens:
DMC5ImageCompressed2018.png

EDIT 2: Here's me compressing the current DMCForums.com image:
DMC5ImageCompressed2018v2.png

I'd love to see some tweaks to the theme's fonts, maybe get the DMC serif font like:
bcQ5EXQ.png

It's hard to dock points for being unoriginal when a premade style works with the forums theme so well, but I feel it should be custom tailored a bit to stand out some. I'm really conflicted here because of how well this works for DMC!
This was a conscious decision on my part. I felt the typefont that I'm currently using is readable enough. For me, the one in H1 font (on top) is a bit jarring for me.

Last edited:

edenwax

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 24, 2011
ed3n.me
FP$
Was this changed recently? The file I was loading was 1.3mb in size. If so, I could still have a cached version of the site loading.

Also if you save the PNG as a jpg and then use compressor.io, you can bring it down to 400kb in size.

Carlos X

Addicted
Feb 28, 2013
California
www.carlosx360.com
FP$
Was this changed recently? The file I was loading was 1.3mb in size. If so, I could still have a cached version of the site loading.

Also if you save the PNG as a jpg and then use compressor.io, you can bring it down to 400kb in size.
Yup. It's now 1.07MB.

EDIT: Also, it's not PNG, it's JPG.

Last edited: