Do any of your family or friends know of your online sites?

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
It occurred to me that if anything happened to me no one would be able to get into my sites and let people know so I would just disappear. I don't really want to give out passwords to anyone. If anything happened to you would your family or friends be able to tell people? If it was a long illness I guess you would be able to prepare others but not if it was a sudden accident.

Reactions: ZandraJoi

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Some of my family members do know that I run a website since that the fact that I told them many times over the years. However, they aren't a part of it and they aren't members.

Regarding friends, I have around two to three online friends that have joined the site however they have not logged into the site for years. One of them is a mod for the site but not active anymore.

It's weird that you have so close friends and they aren't part of what you do, I mean I game and stream with many other people for five years and they just do not care about the site or in my case me LOL Most people that I know rather want to talk and deal about them more then others

ZandraJoi

Package Team Member
Package Team
Jun 11, 2020
Michigan
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
My husband knows of the forums I'm in. I'm very close to my parents. They are my best friends. For years, my mom & I have updated each other with contact info, which includes passwords. I also include our pets info. I actually made this tip on my forum. I grew up with deaths, some sudden, so having a plan like this has always been second nature to me.

Reactions: sprite1950

Smokey

Paragon
Jul 28, 2009
USA
www.revillution.net
FP$
My parents know I run a website, but they don't know anything past that. I do have some friends from years ago who also know I run a site, but they haven't really bothered to check it out. (Thanks guys!) it doesn't really matter to me either way to be honest.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
I don't own Christianity Haven, I just run it but I do own Crafter Craze and I have shown my husband where all the important info is. I've also given him the name of a friend to give the site to in case anything happens to me because I know that my family won't do anything with it.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Giving out password of personal site is not a good idea until you are alive :D . As far me no one knows about my website.

Well, if you can't trust a spouse... I've been married 30 years and I trust my husband to not do anything to my site.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
That's something I haven't really thought about. My family doesn't know but my girlfriend knows that I go on here. She doesn't really care. However I don't know if there's anyone on here that would miss me should I pass away or if I got burned out and decided to become inactive.

I don't own Christianity Haven, I just run it but I do own Crafter Craze and I have shown my husband where all the important info is.

You don't own it?

That's cool though. I mostly don't own any of the other forums that I volunteered to mod or administrate on.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
That's something I haven't really thought about. My family doesn't know but my girlfriend knows that I go on here. She doesn't really care. However I don't know if there's anyone on here that would miss me should I pass away or if I got burned out and decided to become inactive.

You don't own it?

That's cool though. I mostly don't own any of the other forums that I volunteered to mod or administrate on.

Nope, I don't own CH. Here's the history and sorry to the OP for the tangent...
I had been on a really huge Christian forum and was staff for many years. The upper staff decided to throw another staffer under the bus instead of talking to him privately about something and most of the team told them it wasn't right. I had been at work for 12 hours prior and when I got home I decided to add my opinion to the mix. Because I was Admin, I was fired and told that I was influencing the younger staffers. They posted before me! Anyway, after getting fired I saw how toxic the site was, which members had often complained about but I couldn't see it at the time. I couldn't find a new home forum and asked around if anyone could create one for me and I would build it up, inviting members from that other forum. I found someone who did that and months later CH was born. It's going on 6 years soon since the site opened :)

My husband doesn't have the login info for CH because he doesn't need it. I'm friends with a lot of members on Facebook who will know immediately if anything happened to me in real life and they would post on the site to let others know.