Do you get jealous over others success?

HamezSEO

The Helper
Mar 21, 2017
Northampton
wearedapa.co.uk
FP$
do you guys get jealous when other succeed?

Empire

Confederation of lords
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Nope, if they work very hard to get to where they got to then nope. I'm fine with that.

I do get mad and angry rather then jealous when seeing people that do not do any work and not putting affect into it and yet they get so much success, they get it from other people and dang dang dang

Empire

Confederation of lords
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
That probably is annoying, although not entirely unjustified, although something to note is that sometimes people do a lot more work than what you see on the surface.
Twitch streamers for an example they stream and they always play any kind of content.. they site all day mostly... and those that are very big get unless donations from the viewers and also support

HamezSEO

The Helper
Mar 21, 2017
Northampton
wearedapa.co.uk
FP$
I stopped getting jealous when I read a quote saying "Seeing others succeed should be good as life is a journey not a competition"

B

Bryn

That's just like being jealous of other people's achievements as seen on Facebook. So the answer to your question, definitely not. You have your own life to be concerned about.

Bluezone777

Dinner Team Leader
Sep 5, 2008
SW Florida
FP$
I think a quote which I may not get exactly right but close enough comes to mind for this thread.

'Do not be jealous of my success until you know the sacrifices I took to get it."

Reactions: HamezSEO

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
Twitch streamers for an example they stream and they always play any kind of content.. they site all day mostly... and those that are very big get unless donations from the viewers and also support
I'm not sure about Twitch in particular, but with YouTube, it can take like five years of constantly pumping out content and next to no views to really get anywhere.
Plus, the expensive equipment, those microphones? A hundred bucks. That computer? Thousands. They may also have a green screen.

And in the end, I don't think it really pays that well, at-least not that well compared to a regular day job. Even if one did blow up out of nowhere, it's kinda like criticising footballers for not doing "real work" and getting millions for doing practically nothing but kick a ball around.

Last edited:

HamezSEO

The Helper
Mar 21, 2017
Northampton
wearedapa.co.uk
FP$
I think a quote which I may not get exactly right but close enough comes to mind for this thread.

'Do not be jealous of my success until you know the sacrifices I took to get it."
I do like a good old quote every now and again.

HamezSEO

The Helper
Mar 21, 2017
Northampton
wearedapa.co.uk
FP$
Jealousy is a wasted emotion. If someone has something you want, just map out your own path to achieve it. Your energy is better spent learning and working than pouting.
Well said I'll be using that at my webinar :)

Reactions: MrHorror

HamezSEO

The Helper
Mar 21, 2017
Northampton
wearedapa.co.uk
FP$
Jealousy is fine, bitterness is not in my humble opinion

Teg

Package Team Member
Dec 7, 2010
North Pole
izimmbiplays.com
FP$
I don’t get jealous about other people’s success. Generally, I just find myself disappointed in myself and try to find ways I can improve and strive to succeed. Jealousy is pointless and harmful to ones body and mind. There is no point.

Reactions: HamezSEO