Do you invest in the Stock Market?

Discussion in 'Intellectual Talk' started by EfficientNinja, Apr 29, 2018.

1. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja New Arrival

+0
    Hello everyone!

Let's take a break from topics about Promotion and Web development. :)

I would like to ask if you invest in the Stock Market. We all know that you can both lose and gain money from the Stock market. Are you one of those people who are afraid of investing because you think you'll lose all your hard earned money? Or do you maybe think that the Stock market is a scam? I know many people like this because most of the people in my country or area are financially uneducated.

Or are you in the other half who are getting wealthier every day with the help of the Stock exchange?

Which of these two groups do you belong to?

2. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell Super Administrator Blue Administrator

+763
    Im the third type, meaning that I just don't care at this point to want to participate in the stock market, that I wont unless I am well off enough to not mind putting a few dollars here or there into it.

3. MasterA

MasterA Administrator Administrator

+652
    I don't invest in the stock market even though I might do it in the future. I prefer the Cryptocurrency market because its more volatile so gains are bigger but of course the risk is also higher. The stock market moves too slowly but it is much safer than cryptocurrency but "you got to risk it to get the biscuits :p".

4. Sarah15

Sarah15 New Arrival

+0
    I don't but I want to. However, I am not really sure how to do it right

5. Jason76

Jason76 Packager Package Team

+276
    No, but I have been interested in domain flipping. Anyway, I simply don't have the cash for stocks or real estate.

6. Creaky

Creaky Up-and-Coming Sensation

+0
    Indirectly, I have a stocks and shares ISA

7. Flannagan1992

Flannagan1992 Reputable

+5
    I've been tempted , but I have no idea where to start.

8. Corzhens

Corzhens Addicted

+76
    We lost more than $100 in stocks for the Beeper, the local brand of pager sometime in 1994. When the cellphone came into the scene, the pager became obsolete and so was the value of its stocks. Now I was given $10,000 worth of shares of stocks of our bank as a benefit for my long tenure. So far the value is appreciating but I don't plan to hold on to it for long. When I retire, I would probably sell it so I can have the cash.

9. Sarah15

Sarah15 New Arrival

+0
    Though in the future, I would love to invest in real estate. I just have to save the money! I already have an idea. Honestly, I don't think there is something more stable than real estate!

10. MrDangem

MrDangem Reputable

+41
    I don't have the cash for now.. and also investing here in PH is very complex. you have to hire a certified broker and keep communicating with them.

11. MVPS

MVPS New Arrival

+0
    I do, although my ROI is around 10% per year from it (unless there's a new recession coming by, which will probably wipe my earnings). Just long term investing, no day trading.

12. Sarah15

Sarah15 New Arrival

+0
    That's a good thing that you do! I think it is more secure than the trading