• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are. You will always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account by going to your account settings > connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected, you will automatically join our server (if you have already joined, you will be automatically roled). You will automatically be given the role of "Approved Users." And whenever a thread/post is created, a message will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

Do you like the sound of your voice?

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
A lot of people don't like to hear themselves and cringe when they listen to videos of themselves talking. I think I've gotten used to the sound of my voice but it's not something I want to listen to often LOL I prefer the sound that I hear in my head instead.

My sister recently told me she has to record her reading a piece of her writing and since we sound alike I told her I'd be willing to do it for her since I don't have an attachment to her writing. She won't take me up on it but it's at least an option for her :D

Advertise Here

Thomasss

Madly Diligent
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
Oh I absolutely despise my voice. I cringe when I am in videos and hear my voice.

Cumulus

Package Team
Package Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
I hate the sound of my own voice!

I recorded some voiceovers for videos at my workplace and hated them so much after I ended up having them removed after 😅

• Wow
Reactions: Lämmchen

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Oh I absolutely despise my voice. I cringe when I am in videos and hear my voice.

I hate the sound of my own voice!

I recorded some voiceovers for videos at my workplace and hated them so much after I ended up having them removed after 😅

Well maybe we'll have another Discord Staff Chat so I can hear both your voices :D Then I'll let you know if they sound terrible! LOL

Cumulus

Package Team
Package Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
Well maybe we'll have another Discord Staff Chat so I can hear both your voices :D Then I'll let you know if they sound terrible! LOL
I'm up for a Discord Staff Chat/Call - But if you record it I will track you down 👀😂

• Haha

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
I hate my voice. That's something I've always been awkward/shy about. I don't like other people hearing me. :p
Your girl friend does :p She loves you to speak in your sexy vice :p

• Haha

Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Forum Sponsor
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
I am not attached to my voice, so I don't really care about it. Though, as I get older, I wish I had spent the time to make sure I trained myself to not get tired while talking for extended periods of time.

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I am not attached to my voice, so I don't really care about it. Though, as I get older, I wish I had spent the time to make sure I trained myself to not get tired while talking for extended periods of time.

You can still teach your vocal cords to hold out. You just need to do it consistently day after day. I know that when I sing that if I don't sing for a long time that my vocal cords get all scratchy sounding but if I practice more each day that I can hold out for longer periods.

Abizaga

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 10, 2020
geezezone.com
FP$
A lot of people don't like to hear themselves and cringe when they listen to videos of themselves talking. I think I've gotten used to the sound of my voice but it's not something I want to listen to often LOL I prefer the sound that I hear in my head instead.

My sister recently told me she has to record her reading a piece of her writing and since we sound alike I told her I'd be willing to do it for her since I don't have an attachment to her writing. She won't take me up on it but it's at least an option for her :D
Oh I absolutely hate my voice. I find it to be really really annoying.

apathy

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
fortreeforums.xyz
FP$
Yeah I can't really say I'm a fan at all. My voice just sounds way too monotonous, or at least it does in any old recording I hear of myself. These days, I think I'm better at that kind of things, so it might not annoy me as much.

ZandraJoi

Resident
This is funny! I was talking to my husband the other week about this lol I don't care for the sound of my voice but have been told it sounds okay. My mom & I sound alike. When I listened to their answering machine message, I had first thought, I don't remember recording that lol

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
This is funny! I was talking to my husband the other week about this lol I don't care for the sound of my voice but have been told it sounds okay. My mom & I sound alike. When I listened to their answering machine message, I had first thought, I don't remember recording that lol

That's like me too with my mom. My mom passed away in February of 2020 and when my sister and I talk to each other we both hear her voice!

Reactions: ZandraJoi