Do you use Adsense Auto ads?

Brad P

Reputable
FP$
Hi,

I use Adsense Auto ads for my website and it works pretty good.
My earnings increased dramatically in the last year while using Auto ads.

Do you use it also or prefer to add your ads manually?
I looked into that but found it just posts loads everywhere, you can remove up to 10 but it can still leave to many.

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
I've moved this topic to Monetization & eCommerce.

I've tried AutoAds before. It's clearly going to generate a lot more revenue than the typical set up of manually installing banner ads with Adsense, but there's a cost with that as well. The amount of ads being displayed with AutoAds was over the top, and I had plenty of complaints about it. There was even a ridiculous floating ad with that at one point. Has Google tamed AutoAds a little bit since then?

Has Google tamed AutoAds a little bit since then?

Google is part of the Coalition of Better Ads, which defined rules about ads following extensive experiments so they won't disturb the website's visitors.
I didn't get any complains from my visitors even though I use Auto ads for three years and I have a lot of visitors, so I guess it has no significant effect on the user experience of my website.

Dotgician

Up-and-Coming Sensation
FP$
No Do not do Adsense auto... it is very bad for the user... even on mobile it’s like every page you go to you get directed to an ad page... bizdustry is currently using it if you want to see one in action... not a fan!

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
No Do not do Adsense auto... it is very bad for the user... even on mobile it’s like every page you go to you get directed to an ad page... bizdustry is currently using it if you want to see one in action... not a fan!

That's how I've felt about it in the past. I'm wondering if it has gotten better though. Looking at websites like Kodi Beginner, the advertisements really aren't too bad. I could have sworn it was horrendous for users like a year or two ago.

That's how I've felt about it in the past. I'm wondering if it has gotten better though. Looking at websites like Kodi Beginner, the advertisements really aren't too bad. I could have sworn it was horrendous for users like a year or two ago.

Google improved the Auto ads over time.
I asked for feedback from my visitors, and they told me they hardly notice it as most of the ads are related to the content of the website.

vinaya

Reputable
FP$
I use adsense on a half a dozen sites and I use auto ads on all of my adsesne approved sites. When I use auto ads, I do not have to place ad codes manually.

Empire

President Of Fourm Promotion
Gamma Premium
I use adsense on a half a dozen sites and I use auto ads on all of my adsesne approved sites. When I use auto ads, I do not have to place ad codes manually.
Only downside with Auto ads that they added to locations that you do not want it to go and they are too large you know

Uncrowned Guard

Reputable
FP$
I don't find them great for forums or other large user-driven content sites as the Ads often like to pop into the user content that people are discussing. However, for many types of sites, they seem perfectly fine and Google has done well making them better over time to the point I could see forums using them without too much of an issue.

I personally do not use them as I like full control over where things are placed and have a long-term plan to move away from Google Ads, so Auto Ads doesn't fit into the plan well.

vinaya

Reputable
FP$
It does not of course take a long time to generate and ad codes, but if you are running multiple sites and if you are trying to generate new codes for every sites, it might be frustrating.