Do you want to live to 100?

Discussion in 'Intellectual Talk' started by Reverie, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Soopairik

Soopairik Reputable

+47
    *short

2. SolviturC

SolviturC Reputable

+15
    God no. Though I suppose if I were in good health and could expect to still have a good quality of life by then it'd be different.

3. Teg

Teg Package Team Member

+97
    I mean I don’t want to die. But I don’t think I want to live to 100 either. I’m 31-years-old and I feel like I’m in my sixties. Life experience can suck sometimes. Now if I stayed 31 for 100 years... maybe haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. JohanStyles43

JohanStyles43 New Arrival

+0
    If you really willing to get there, i mean to 100 and further, you have to be really concerned about your health. Try to avoid any harmful habits, like alcohol abuse or smoking, try to eat healthy and you might add something like www.antiaging-health.com.au/can-c_eye-drops and you gonna be at yours 100th birthday :)

5. Lämmchen

Lämmchen Up-and-Coming Sensation

+84
    If I'm going to live to be 100 I better make more younger friends to have around to celebrate my birthdays :D

All kidding aside, I doubt I would want to live that long. It would probably make a difference if I could be perfectly healthy and not have any difficulties doing the things I do now.

6. KyngzIndeyen

KyngzIndeyen New Arrival

+0
    Hmmm. Maybe if the average life expectancy is at least in the 90s.

If the average life expectancy is still in the low 80s by the time I hit 100, then it probably means I've seen all of my friends and the people I care about dying off. Which I wouldn't fancy at all :( .

7. Azareal

Azareal Paragon

+281
    If they figure out that secret to eternal youth, then sure lol

Year 3000: These youngins and their newfangled neural overminds. Back in my day, we didn't have computers in our heads!

8. danthex

danthex GamingBoards.net King Community Team

+169
    I'd like to live until I'm 100, sure. :p

9. Dagex

Dagex Resident

+74
    The thing is, as a new generation of humans are born, the newer generation will live longer and will be dramatically different to us. Now us(I'm assuming we're all millenials here), will most likely live up to between our 70's - 90's(That's just a guess cause I'm assuming we're all born somewhere between the 90's and 2000's).

The next generation of humans are most likely going to live until their 80's and maybe even reach 100. I don't think any of us here on FP will even make it to 100.

Not to mention that you should remember that humans can easily be killed at any point in their life, no matter their age. Diseases, murder, suicide, all play a major role in death and these can kill us at any point unless something or someone stops them.

But for me, I'm fine with any age I live up to. It's not about what age you can reach in your lifetime but rather what you can achieve during your lifetime. You do not want to become older but you actually want to achieve something incredible during your lifetime either it be inventing something or changing the world.

10. Gh0st4unt3r

Gh0st4unt3r Up-and-Coming Sensation

+65
    It would be nice but you can get very frail at that age, i would love to live that long but the only downside a sense of loosing independence and having to rely on other people to look after me which i wouldn't like or expect from anyone as im very independent person, unless i was fighting fit and full of life then sure i would gladly live till im 100+

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tendz

Tendz New Arrival

+5
    If I'm healthy at that age, then I have no problem being 100 years old.