Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
  • Haha
Reactions: jenna appleseed

Azareal

Paragon
I was only trying to make conversation, but you had to get all pissed.
I'm not particularly pissed, but your post was written with the intention of criticising me for a point which I didn't even make, particularly the "though".

If you wish to follow through with that in more depth, then you're free to do so, but otherwise, I will assume that you're doing this purely for the purpose of trolling.

• Dislike
Reactions: jenna appleseed

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
I was only trying to make conversation, but you had to get all pissed.
I'm not particularly pissed, but your post was written with the intention of criticising me for a point which I didn't even make, particularly the "though".

If you wish to follow through with that in more depth, then you're free to do so, but otherwise, I will assume that you're doing this purely for the purpose of trolling.
I apologize if you thought differently, I had no intention of trolling. I was simply stating they were pretty good. That’s all.

Azareal

Paragon
I apologize if you thought differently, I had no intention of trolling. I was simply stating they were pretty good. That’s all.
I'll apologise if that was sincerely not your intention.
And yes, DigitalOcean is a fairly reputable host, as-long as they have someone capable to manage the servers, then things should go fairly well.

Reactions: Malcolmjr96

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
I'll apologise if that was sincerely not your intention.
And yes, DigitalOcean is a fairly reputable host, as-long as they have someone capable to manage the servers, then things should go fairly well.
It’s okay, I’m not trying to be a pain. Just giving my opinion.
I like them too, I used to have a discourse site running with them. Never found any issues with them.
I agree, I hope it goes really well!

Azareal

Paragon
I like them too, I used to have a discourse site running with them. Never found any issues with them.
One thing I might advise after this move, and not to hit Cameron down or anything, but he might want to learn a few things about Linux administration, so that he isn't as reliant on third parties or tech admins.

I personally find this to be a very important skill as a webmaster and it didn't take me that long to learn.

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
One thing I might advise after this move, and not to hit Cameron down or anything, but he might want to learn a few things about Linux administration, so that he isn't as reliant on third parties or tech admins.

I personally find this to be a very important skill as a webmaster and it didn't take me that long to learn.
It’s always a good idea idea to learn Linux administration, something I need to do lol!

Yeah, I want to learn everything possible so I can make sure all my websites are running properly.

cryptik

i exploit & break into things
May 22, 2011
FP$

THIS. Even though I'm not a webmaster anymore, I use Unix everyday at work and it's so nice to know inside and out. Seriously, @Cameron Taylor, get a VM spun up with your favorite flavor of Linux and just play around and learn. It's an amazing skill to master.

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$

THIS. Even though I'm not a webmaster anymore, I use Unix everyday at work and it's so nice to know inside and out. Seriously, @Cameron Taylor, get a VM spun up with your favorite flavor of Linux and just play around and learn. It's an amazing skill to master.
Any recommendations of what Linux os I should use?

cryptik

i exploit & break into things
May 22, 2011
FP$
@Malcolmjr96 - I didn't want to keep quoting nested quotes. It doesn't matter for the most part. I have Kali, Mint, and Ubuntu on VMs and Kali on my laptop as the main OS. They all have a terminal so you can understand and learn the CLI and file structure of Linux.

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
@Malcolmjr96 - I didn't want to keep quoting nested quotes. It doesn't matter for the most part. I have Kali, Mint, and Ubuntu on VMs and Kali on my laptop as the main OS. They all have a terminal so you can understand and learn the CLI and file structure of Linux.
Oh okay, thanks I’ll check them out.

Nerdface

Familiar Face
I was very sorry to see that you were having problems @Cam, and even more so to learn that you lost data as a result.

Glad to see you back online, and I'm sure that Forum Promotion will not suffer too much as a result.