Effective use of Google Ads

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
I've been using Google Ads for some time for a lot of my websites with some sites showing positive reception, well others not so much.

I decided to set up a couple campaigns for my Hive Gamurs website and pretty sure I f*cked up somewhere :rolleyes:

With these campaigns, I am targeting certain keywords for the site in general, as well as certain campaigns targeting certain features of our site. All campaigns in total have a shared budget.

however, I log in today to see that my average cpc is $5.10! Which is insane. (I try to put it to about $1) so I'm currently paying 5x my budget for cpc.

Also, I've spent $600 for a useless 58k impressions and only 116 clicks. Some cpc reaching $24 per click!

Clearly this campaign went wrong somewhere.

Anyone else have experience with Google Ads (Formally AdWords), and have any tips with getting some great results and the best bang for your buck?

My past experience has been pretty much luck, mostly targeting my competitors websites. With Hive Gamurs, I decided to go a different route. As I don't really see it having any competitors at the moment besides the big boys such as IGN which, well you can't compete with unless you have a massive amount of funds to over take their search results.

I may need a new approach.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Sam

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
I've tried Google Ads briefly but never had much success.
Well, for me I never use their publishing network. (Ads on other people's sites) I only buy advertising for google searches.
So if someone searches for lets say "2019 game reviews" we might show up at the top of the page etc

Have you tried Facebook ads? That might be a little more suited to your website. I've got a decent number of sales through FB before.
I have tried facebook, and have fund a bit more success with them. Only thing is, I find it harder to get people to go to the site through facebook.

Sam

Seasoned Veteran
Oct 9, 2011
Inside a JPEG
o0.nz
FP$
I have tried facebook, and have fund a bit more success with them. Only thing is, I find it harder to get people to go to the site through facebook.
Are you using Sponsored Posts or Facebook Ad Manager?

You probably would want to target a particular event on your site.. e.g. a super cool live stream/ contest which gets people to sign-up. Then you can use their email address and attempt to get them to post or interact. Ad Manager allows optimisation for website visits.

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Spending allot of your own money for nothing is pointless to me. Why bother>> not going to get the best results in the long term
It depends on whether or not visitors become leads (put into a list (FB group/page, email list)).

Taniya

New Arrival
May 8, 2019
FP$
The Display Network is favorable to your company for many reasons. It's an effective way to acquire brand awareness, increase your sales and retain your target audience.

3 Benefits of The Google Display Network :

1. Develop your reputation

Objective : You want to promote your business, products and services while developing a positive reputation with your target audience.

Creating Powerful Ads

In order to have a strong visual impact, use images or video ads that will attract the attention of your target audience. Google offers a pre-formatted, responsive ad creation tool available to assist you with this task. Responsive ads can be useful as they automatically adapt to ad spaces on the web.

You have the opportunity to showcase your brand and increase your notoriety.

Target your Potential Customers

There are two types of targeting: Themes, which allow ads to be displayed on websites of the same subject; and interests, which attract web users interested in particular topics, even if they are not on pages related to the topic.

2. Increase your sales

Objective: You want your potential clients to automatically think about your business when they are ready to purchase.

Create Promotional Ads

When creating image ads, be sure to mention your promotional offers and competitive advantages-this helps attract attention. Use a simple design and include a button or a call-to-action.

Track Your Conversions

Evaluate whether your ads and targeting strategies are performing well by analyzing your conversion rate. A conversion is calculated when a user visits your site and performs the action you expect from him/her; purchase, register, make a call, download an item on your site, etc.

Why ?

Monitoring your performance allows you to optimize your ads and your targeted geographical areas to give you a better Return on Investment (ROI) and increase your chances of conversion.

3. Loyalty

Objective: You want to show your ads to consumers who have already visited your website (without conversion) and want to remind them your business exists.

Target with a remarketing strategy

Remarketing your campaign allows you to reconnect with people who have previously visited your website or added something to a shopping cart without performing the desired action.

Encourage consumers to return to your page and keep them informed about your current offers and promotions. This will help solidify a connection and creates a feeling of loyalty.

Studies have shown that remarketing increases conversions by nearly 51%.

Do not hesitate to contact us for help when creating a campaign on Google's Display Network. We are happy to answer you!