Community Team
Package Team
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Thank You Badge

Email delivery problems​

Hi Forum Promotion,

It’s me Malcolm, the Forum Promotion technical administrator. I understand that their seems to be an email delivery problem. I can completely understand how inconvenient this may be. But rest assured we are currently working to resolve the issue.

I would like some information from you, check your inbox, check spam and see where the emails are going and if you don’t see them in your inbox please let me know who your email provider is.

I hope to have this resolved shortly!

Thank you!
Technical Administrator

Talk Mental Health

meetdilip

Marketing Team Member
Marketing Team
Feb 17, 2019
FP$
If it is Outlook, I don't think that is a forum specific issue. I have an outlook.com email which bars a lot of incoming - what they think shady - emails. Forum registration and receiving notification is almost impossible with that one.

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Community Team
Package Team
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Thank You Badge
If it is Outlook, I don't think that is a forum specific issue. I have an outlook.com email which bars a lot of incoming - what they think shady - emails. Forum registration and receiving notification is almost impossible with that one.
tl;dr: we need to tell Microsoft where all emails are coming from. Sometimes relaying through different servers can flag it.

Microsoft has a strict policies in place which filter emails. To counter this you must have certain DNS records in place to ensure emails are delivered correctly. I’ve recently tested this worked on my end and which I will soon implement.

Reactions: Cumulus

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Community Team
Package Team
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Thank You Badge
This should now be resolved!

Reactions: meetdilip and D

FriendlyPerson

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
Microsoft has a strict policies in place which filter emails. To counter this you must have certain DNS records in place to ensure emails are delivered correctly.
I also noticed Gmail is also picky about this as well.

For the better of the environment I also highly recommend also throttling daily/hourly emails to prevent mass mailer scripts and malicious hands (at least to possibly pin them down before they land you on any/too many RBLs). As well as if possible setting reasonable maximum failure and so forth rates as well.

As I read on a few sites that people don't actually do this much with their mail setups.

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Community Team
Package Team
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Thank You Badge
I also noticed Gmail is also picky about this as well.

For the better of the environment I also highly recommend also throttling daily/hourly emails to prevent mass mailer scripts and malicious hands (at least to possibly pin them down before they land you on any/too many RBLs). As well as if possible setting reasonable maximum failure and so forth rates as well.

As I read on a few sites that people don't actually do this much with their mail setups.
Gmail and Microsoft are very picky but with good reason. They are trying to discourage spammers from emailing their users.

However with that said, I can confirm that we have already set this up.

Reactions: FriendlyPerson