Email Marketing

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
Has anyone considered email marketing? Note, it used to be a big thing back in the 2000s. However, nowadays I think it's been replaced by social media marketing. Social media acts in a way similar to an email list.

Anyhow, I suppose the main problem with email is that a lot of people ignore commercial emails even if they signed up for them, but I could be wrong.

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
Has anyone considered email marketing? Note, it used to be a big thing back in the 2000s. However, nowadays I think it's been replaced by social media marketing. Social media acts in a way similar to an email list.

Anyhow, I suppose the main problem with email is that a lot of people ignore commercial emails even if they signed up for them, but I could be wrong.
Email marketing is still a thing. News outlets do it, and they charge advertisers quite a large amount to advertise monthly, or on a weekly basis.

I get email ads every week from different people advertising stuff.

Total Danarchy

New Arrival
Dec 10, 2016
FP$
Just like anything, you just have to have the right strategy in order to get the most mileage out of it. Email marketing is still a big thing, and if you do it right it can be super effective. And just like with anything else, content is king. If you provide valuable content consistently, people will be more likely to read and not unsubscribe.

Cierra

Retired Staff
Feb 2, 2013
FP$
My forum sends out newsletters and occasional important board updates via email, but nothing specifically targeted. The newsletter does boost visits and bring back some members who haven't been around in a while. I think email marketing is still a good strategy to employ alongside all the other promotion/advertising techniques, it just takes more time & effort. With this type of marketing it is important to make sure each email has a personal and/or customized feel to it- you don't want to seem robotic or automated as that'll cause people to just glance over it or not open the email. Catchy subject lines work well too.

Khanh Nguyen Duy

Familiar Face
Jun 25, 2017
FP$

i think email marketing is useless too, we should use other things

Corzhens

Addicted
May 13, 2017
FP$
I know someone who used email to promote a newly launched website. It was successful as evidenced by the hits counter. But the emails were not ordinary spam. They were creative with the emails that receivers tend to be curious. A very short but interesting story that if you want to know the ending then just click on the link. That's the style of their emails.

daica85

Addicted
Dec 27, 2016
US
couponezine.com
FP$

It's not useless guy. I'm using it for many my promotion campaigns. When ever I have new coupons publish on my site. I also use email marketing to alert people know about this. And some reminders about my site too. IMO

Khanh Nguyen Duy

Familiar Face
Jun 25, 2017
FP$

It's not useless guy. I'm using it for many my promotion campaigns. When ever I have new coupons publish on my site. I also use email marketing to alert people know about this. And some reminders about my site too. IMO
thanks , i think the big problem is people can ignore email, the content is very important