Favorite country singers?

Discussion in 'Entertainment Discussions' started by Gio, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Gio

Gio FP's Greek Ambassador Community Team Retired Admin

+645
    I enjoy Jon Langston @John, Thomas Rhett, Dierks Bentley, Cole Swindell, Brett Young, Russell Dirkerson, Sam Hunt, Luke Bryan, Zac Brown Band, just to name a few. :p @Cameron Taylor

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Cameron Taylor

Cameron Taylor Owner Administrator Owner

+908
    @John is my absolute favorite country singer of all time. I also like Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, etc. I pretty much only like country music from the late 1990s and early 2000s.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Gio

Gio FP's Greek Ambassador Community Team Retired Admin

+645
    Toby Keith is also pretty good.

4. Jerlene

Jerlene Collecting FP$ Administrator

+623
    I like a lot of them, but I just went to a Lee Brice concert and I became a fan. He's amazing live and very charming.

5. Dagex

Dagex Resident

+71
    I think the only Country singer I've listened to is John Denver. I love 'Country Roads, Take Me Home', plus, I sing it to myself literally everyday.

6. Cody

Cody Seasoned Veteran

+2
    I like a lot of older 90's/early 2000's Country singers, but I really like Kane Brown. He is probably my favorite right now.

7. Jerlene

Jerlene Collecting FP$ Administrator

+623
    Kane brown is awesome. I've seen his interviews and he's a cool dude. I would love to see him in concert.

8. Jason76

Jason76 Package Team Member Package Team

+438
    Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, and Johnny Cash were good.

Now, I admire Dolly Parton but never really listened to her music much.

9. SimiCart

SimiCart Reputable

+6
  10. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Acquaintance

+6
    I'm more of a folk country guy, and some of the people I like to listen to in this music genre are Emmylou Harris, Gordon Lightfoot, John Prine, Lucinda Williams, James Taylor, Rosanne Cash, Tift Merritt, Kathy Mattea and Mary Chapin Carpenter to name a few of them.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  11. danthex

danthex GamingBoards.net King Community Team

+168
    Ohh boy, too many to name here.

Ronnie Dunn, Reba McEntire, Jamey Johnson, Johnny Cash, Joe Nichols, Kenny Chesney, Thomas Rhett, Alan Jackson... I could go on for ages. :headphone:

12. Elli

Elli Reputable

+55
    I grew up in the '90s and early 2000s going to rodeos during the summer. Naturally, these were sponsored by the local country radio stations, which would cycle through billboard hits during the show. My parents also exclusively listened to country during the '90s (think my dad still does).

I picked up on and came to like what would have been popular at the time, so Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Lonestar, Brooks & Dunn, Martina McBride, Reba, Shania Twain, Dixie Chicks, Toby Keith... Then Kenny Chesney, Josh Turner, and Blake Shelton a little later. Older signers like Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson are also great!

Country's not really my genre, though, so I won't go out of my way to listen to it these days.

13. HamezSEO

HamezSEO The Helper

+157
    Johnny Cash & Dolly P :heart:

14. Jason76

Jason76 Package Team Member Package Team

+438
    I don't hate a lot of the new country. It's odd some people do. I don't think they're being very open minded. However, some of the post-Hank Williams (Sr.) country is indeed, vomit-worthy.