Untitled.png

any feedback would be great! thanks!

Last edited:

TopSilver

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
Hey this is the other Brad from Xenforo.com. I remember we've spoken before when you had that one site for the avengers. The site is nice and clean. Not a bad look. Interested you took the idea for making a general forum. That's really a great idea. So far my site isn't doing half that bad but we have a long way to go. I hope your site does well. You definitely have everything you need it looks like. Good luck :D

Reactions: Brad P

Brad P

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
chatbanter.com
FP$
Hey this is the other Brad from Xenforo.com. I remember we've spoken before when you had that one site for the avengers. The site is nice and clean. Not a bad look. Interested you took the idea for making a general forum. That's really a great idea. So far my site isn't doing half that bad but we have a long way to go. I hope your site does well. You definitely have everything you need it looks like. Good luck :D
Hello Brad, I'm doing well, you know me mate I just pop up and go all out for a bit and see how it goes and taken a new direction of a general chat forum. We will see how it goes but I do have my commitments to JoyFreak website mainly :)

Lord Saru

Seasoned Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
From the blue
FP$
I would actually like to suggest that you bring some color to your forum. I would resort to

1. Topic prefixes (most prefixes presently used are blue)
2. Colored or stylezied user name
3. Forum icons (now the forum icons are monotonous)

Its important because I think that other than these, everything in it seems perfect.

Brad P

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
chatbanter.com
FP$
Forum icons (now the forum icons are monotonous)
I'm interested in applying this, can you show me an example please.

1. Topic prefixes (most prefixes presently used are blue) implemented
2. Colored or stylezied user name I've implemented this onto staff. I'm thinking of creating a user group for certain members that will have a cooler identity.

Also updated the site over the past few weeks since I posted my introduction to the site, still keeping it clean and basic. But some images below.

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    459.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 3.png
    3.png
    750.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 2.png
    2.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
From glancing at the screenshots, I’d work to populate the forums with less content. Provide more variety in those to justify having so many areas to chat. For smaller forums just starting out, I believe less is more. I wouldn’t add any more areas to chat until you grow more.

Theme is nice and simple. Bit bland. The logo could pop a bit more. It has a generic feel to it. Thought bubble for discussion forums with the name. Try to spice it up a bit.

All in all, good start. It’s very clean and focused. (This feedback is based on the screenshots provided.)

Brad P

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
chatbanter.com
FP$
From glancing at the screenshots, I’d work to populate the forums with less content. Provide more variety in those to justify having so many areas to chat. For smaller forums just starting out, I believe less is more. I wouldn’t add any more areas to chat until you grow more.

Theme is nice and simple. Bit bland. The logo could pop a bit more. It has a generic feel to it. Thought bubble for discussion forums with the name. Try to spice it up a bit.

All in all, good start. It’s very clean and focused. (This feedback is based on the screenshots provided.)
Hi Mattew,

appreciate your feedback, i have always been a strong believer of "less is more" i have added what i feel is the limit and will monitor the activity of them, so far they are all populating with comments and new threads.

I agree on the logo but i have tried many and just could not get one to suite :/

Brad P

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
chatbanter.com
FP$
Just a little update this morning on a milestone for Chat Banter.

After 3 months of being open we have hit a nice message count of 3k with 530 threads. Site activity is looking good (Nice & Steady) i would like to thank all the current members for helping make a nice general chat community its growing nicely and have some great intresting threads.
milestone.png

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
The absence of a side bar is disconcerting. There's a lot of information on the top and bottom with a long board requiring a lot of scrolling. The What's Going On Section at the top seems a bit redundant given the latest posts feature at the bottom. Buy/sell/swap seems kind of out of place in the official posting area.

That's all I see really. It's not a bad looking forum. I personally am just not a fan of the overall layout.

Reactions: Brad P

Brad P

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
chatbanter.com
FP$
Good Evening All,

Finally got around to updating the site to the latest v2.2.1 and also installed a new theme but keeping some original elements of the old style. I have boxed node forums up a little to make it more compact so its less scrolling on the many categorys added.
2020-11-01-17-37-chatbanter.com.png