Community Feedback First ever forum.

Discussion in 'Community Reviews' started by VengeanceTV, Jan 6, 2018.

1. VengeanceTV

VengeanceTV New Arrival

+0
    Site URL: https://www.vengeancetv.com
    Date Opened: 03/01/2018
    Notes: Opened it for fun with my friend, We have a passion for gaming and wish to extend this to teams for things such as twitch and so on, We also want to implement further pages for featuring the streamers part of our twitch team. I would like any feedback to improve because obviously i am an amateur.

2. Sam

Sam Seasoned Veteran

+6
    Congratulations @VengeanceTV on opening your first forum. It's a hard slog but best of luck!

Suggestions:

1. At the moment, your forum is very new. Try and get topics and posts in every forum (even if that means posting them yourself).
    2. Promote, promote, promote. Post topics on active communities. You only have a handful of members at the moment.
    3. You could consider a competition, using postloop, using FPs package services or posting on marketplaces like ForumCoin's to get an initial boost of posts. This will help encourage other members to join.
    4. Your logo is a little overpowering. I think something simpler, slicker would suit the board better.
    5. You might have a few too many boards for a new forum. Consolidate the sections while you don't have many posts.
    6. I like the Discord idea, but it's potentially going to harm your forum unless you manage it properly. Keep the Discord chat updated with good new topics, news etc.

3. VengeanceTV

VengeanceTV New Arrival

+0
    @Sam Thank's for the great advice and i will keep all of these in mind! And yes i agree with the banner now looking at it again. It's also the first ever banner i have made myself so that is probably why.

4. Sam

Sam Seasoned Veteran

+6
    No worries and best of luck! :)

You could create a bunch of logo designs (experiment with them) and then offer your community a chance to decide which one they like.

5. TaylorCTU GM

TaylorCTU GM Reputable

+10
    I would create a smaller banner. Taking up a lot of space above the fold. I totally agree about the discord. Why would you want to promote a place where users can post out side of your forum? Your forum needs the posts!

6. simonweb

simonweb Familiar Face

+8
    I really like your forum theme, it's clean and modern. Your header is a bit big but it's not really a problem for me. But try and make the logo in a higher resolution, because it looks a bit fussy at the moment.