Forced Heroes | Animanga Roleplay Inspired By Dragon Ball

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Cypher, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Cypher

Cypher New Arrival

+5
    Site Name: Forced Heroes
    URL:http://forcedheroes.jcink.net/
    Type (Forum, Blog, Website, or Affiliate): Forum
    Category: Entertainment/Media
    Tags: dragon ball (z), anime, manga, rpg, roleplay, naruto, bleach, shonen, animanga
    Description: Forced Heroes is a forum based, play by post roleplay/collaborative writing site that's largely Dragon Ball/DBZ based with (possible) elements and inspiration from everything from Dragon Ball (of course) to Marvel comics to Card Captor Sakura. All manner of character and character types are welcome and all characters have the potential to shape the lore and landscape of the game.

Extra info: Site blurb below:

The world is a rough place. Politicians bicker, nations clash, and society ticks another step forward. and to make matters worse, the world is becoming privy to a handful of individuals with tremendous abilities. Aliens come rain hell down from the skies as demons come from below to torment and abuse.

The world is on a cusp of change as people rise up and embrace their villainous nature while others become the heroes they were forced to be.

2. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,874
    good luck

3. Allenafaith

Allenafaith Adrenaline Junkie Moderators Valued Contributor

+502
    Good luck with your forum. :)

When did you first open it?

4. Cypher

Cypher New Arrival

+5
    Thanks!

Thanks!

I didn't open it myself; the site has been operating in some form or another since 2001 I would like to say. Hell, it's literally the first thing that pops up in Google if you use forced and heroes together. At the very least, the site is 13 years old. I've had it in my hands since mid-2011.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,874
    13 years? With only 109 members and 1700 posts. Damn that isn't good.

Websites that been open a year gets 50% more content

6. Cypher

Cypher New Arrival

+5
    The current state isn't representative of the length it's been open since the years span multiple forum hosts, post and user account purges, and reboots. It's akin to Nintendo selling the first Super Mario Bros on multiple devices more than it is a traditional forum structure and setup since it's essentially a game like D&D, but played out on a message board.

7. David S

David S Packager

+369
    I wish you the best of luck

8. Cypher

Cypher New Arrival

+5
    Thanks!

I've had five new members since I've been here, so we're getting a decent amount of eyeballs on it now!

9. Cypher

Cypher New Arrival

+5
    Getting a steady stream if people coming in. More people means more plots, so come join in on the action!

10. Myers

Myers Paragon

+450
    Good luck with this! ;)

11. Cypher

Cypher New Arrival

+5
    Cursory bump for justice!

12. Lord Saru

Lord Saru Heart and Hands

+436
    I like the idea of your site. All the best!

13. chase195

chase195 Up-and-Coming Sensation

+27
    Goodluck! :)

14. metagento

metagento New Arrival

+1
    I think you should change the design of your website.
    Anyway, good luck!!

15. Cypher

Cypher New Arrival

+5
    change it how?

16. Migi

Migi Phantom Thief Lv. N00B Retired Admin

+339
    These roleplaying boards on ProBoards or Jcink always have such dazzling themes, I'm so envious. :p I personally think it's rather unique, although it may take time to get used to it. The animated effect of the background of each section when hovering the mouse is cool, though too bad all images are the same. (It's probably related to loading and data, so I can understand.) The layout makes me have to scroll quite a lot to the bottom, though. Maybe less important sections can be shortened?

All in all, I don't think you really need to change the design. :D

17. oshqeu

oshqeu New Arrival

+0

You have very nice header, I like it . Good luck!

Why you think so ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2017
  18. Cypher

Cypher New Arrival

+5
    If there was a way to have all of the hover images be unique without having to find someone to re-engineer the whole thing, I would've done so, lol.

As far as the scrolling goes, all of the less important sections were shortened and condensed; the scrolling is more a factor of the design, which is why I enabled the section collapsing.

To be honest, I probably will change the design at some point; not because of the above suggestion to do so, but because I just recently found a nice looking skin and I'm visually fickle!

19. Migi

Migi Phantom Thief Lv. N00B Retired Admin

+339
    That's right, I didn't notice the section collapse buttons. While I still think board archives may not need to have its own section, I think it's a great alternative tool to solve the problem. :) And I've just noticed you also have so many themes/skins already! As I wrote somewhere else that I like a library of various themes, so that's a wonderful news. Looking forward to it! ;)

20. Cypher

Cypher New Arrival

+5
    Still kicking!