Forum/Blog Spotlight - Aeowulf.com

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
Forum/Blog Spotlight #10

From time to time we will be spotlighting a forum or blog in order to allow the FP community to be introduced to new sites or get reacquainted with existing sites.
Our Current Spotlight is a forum owned by a long time FP member @Guardian.

Aeowulf.com
wolf.png

We invite members to visit Aeowulf.com and sign up as a member if you feel it's a good fit for you.
In this thread take the opportunity to ask @Guardian questions about their site or make comments on it.

1st Question(s)!
@Guardian, what is the meaning behind the name of your forum Aeowulf.com, and what sparked the creation of Aeowulf.com?

Thanks for being a part of Forum Promotion! :heart:

Talk Mental Health

Guardian

Madly Diligent
Nov 29, 2010
aeowulf.com
FP$
Oh, snap, thanks for the spotlight!

To answer, the name Aeowulf was reached from my interest in history. I came up with an alter ego of a name (that had to be unique, that's why its not an actual historic name) based on historical Anglo-Saxon names that ended up being Sigehelm Aeowulf to play games as (specifically Crusader Kings II), and bought the Aeowulf domain as a hosting for all items of interest to that alter ego. So, there are a lot of games discussions on the board, and a few hosted mods for some games (that I haven't continued as they didn't seem to pick up interest).

Guardian

Madly Diligent
Nov 29, 2010
aeowulf.com
FP$
What are your future plans for Aeowulf?
Well, when I get time (who has that anyway?) I planned on incorporating a blog-style system. I already have decent traffic, just not a lot of interaction. Hopefully an SEO boost will increase that further and gain some more posters. Besides that, the look. The current look is outdated and I only shifted back to it as the more modern theme was just too buggy to try and save. Now I am looking for a new aesthetic.

Guardian

Madly Diligent
Nov 29, 2010
aeowulf.com
FP$
As per you earlier question Thomasss, I was unsure about when I would be completed but I got a lull in my schedule, so I can safely announce my plans for a new look have been fulfilled.

I like your logo. Who designed it?
I love it too, mainly because of how simple it is. I believe I actually got this one from a royalty-free site, as-is. I was looking for images to use IN a logo, and loved the simplicity so I stuck with this as THE logo. That may change in the future, and this becomes a secondary image/logo, but it works for now.