Forum/Blog Spotlight - Code Forum

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
Forum/Blog Spotlight

From time to time we will be spotlighting a forum or blog in order to allow the FP community to be introduced to new sites or get reacquainted with existing sites.
Our Current Spotlight is owned by another staffer and he is incredible at making this place function and giving us new features to try out and that's @Malcolm.

Code Forum

1st Question(s)!
Is coding your favorite thing to do?

Thanks for being a part of Forum Promotion! :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Malcolm

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Community Team
Package Team
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Thank You Badge

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Community Team
Package Team
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Thank You Badge
What type of coding do you find to be easiest and which is a struggle to learn?
HTML is my easiest. As for the coding language that I'm currently struggling with would be C#!

Reactions: Lämmchen

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
What are your goals in regards to the growth of your community? For example, where do you see Code Forum in the next year, or perhaps the year after that?

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Community Team
Package Team
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Thank You Badge
When did you realize you had a knack for coding? I dabbled in HTML myself & it was quite easy compared to other ones.
I think around 11 or 12 I took a break for a few years then went back into it and been going ever since for 10 years! I feel old now that I look at it like that.
What are your goals in regards to the growth of your community? For example, where do you see Code Forum in the next year, or perhaps the year after that?
So my goal is to expand on our current resources of tutorials, guides etc. Even increasing the heat on code challenges and community events, eventually moving toward building apps as a community. However with that said, we would still like to keep our primary focus of providing a coding community that supports each through discussion & question-based threads, to providing resources that will give developers the upper hand on creating their project.

Reactions: ZandraJoi

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Community Team
Package Team
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Thank You Badge
Do you have age requirements for members?
No but technically yes.. so our age requirement is 13 or older due to COPPA requirements however we don’t require you to enter your age or date of birth. If we are made aware that a member is under the age of 13, we will need to enforce a ban until they are at least 13 or the parent or guardian can contact [email protected] run the account on their behalf.

Reactions: Lämmchen