Forum/Blog Spotlight - Forumer.io

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
Forum/Blog Spotlight

From time to time we will be spotlighting a forum or blog in order to allow the FP community to be introduced to new sites or get reacquainted with existing sites.
Our Current Spotlight is a forum owned by our very own awesome Community Team Member @Thomasss

Forumer.io

We invite members to visit Forumer.io and sign up as a member if you feel it's a good fit for you.
In this thread take the opportunity to ask Thomasss questions about his site or make comments on it.

@Thomasss what is the story behind the name of your forum Forumer.io?

Thanks for all you do on Forum Promotion!

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
The sorry behind Forumer? Oh my.

I’ve always wanted to own my own forum. Back in the ol’ days of using ProBoards, I got a glimpse of owning one but at that time I wasn’t able to sit down and actually commit. I also saw a need for webmaster forums, a place for forumers that can help not only the webmaster themselves, but the members too. A place that believed everyone could own a forum with just a bit of dedication and magic, you know?

The want to build Forumer has been with me for years. I bought the license for Xenforo, even the theme. Did not have a name, logo, color concepts, or even hosting. The moment I got the name, it all fell into place and we opened within a week of the domain being registered. It was an insane process. It’s been a bit inactive lately mostly do it my inactivity (thank you COVID-19) but I have a few plans to bring it back!

Reactions: Lämmchen

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
I noticed that unregistered members cannot view some of the forums and receive the message There are no threads in this forum. Even though there are indications that there are threads listed within. Could you change that message so that it informed unregistered guests that they need to register in order to view the messages within?

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
I noticed that unregistered members cannot view some of the forums and receive the message There are no threads in this forum. Even though there are indications that there are threads listed within. Could you change that message so that it informed unregistered guests that they need to register in order to view the messages within?

Yes! I actually plan on changing this as part of the “relaunch” :D

ZandraJoi

Package Team Member
Package Team
Jun 11, 2020
Michigan
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Congrats for being on the Spotlight! I'm on Proboards. What made you decide to leave & venture off when you did esp. when you had thought about it for awhile? Is your forum open to helping & even guiding new people who want to learn to be their own webmaster?

Reactions: Cam!

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
What exciting plans do you have for the relaunch?

Hopefully you'll see soon! :)

Congrats for being on the Spotlight! I'm on Proboards. What made you decide to leave & venture off when you did esp. when you had thought about it for awhile? Is your forum open to helping & even guiding new people who want to learn to be their own webmaster?

Yes! That is exactly why I created Forumer - to give everyone the chance to be their own webmaster in a place that allows everyone to well, be themselves.

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
I guess this is an obvious question, but what prompted you to leave XenForo for IPB? Changing software like that definitely isn't cheap.

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
I guess this is an obvious question, but what prompted you to leave XenForo for IPB? Changing software like that definitely isn't cheap.

I was pretty much done with XenForo as a whole, and converting to IPB was definitely cheaper in the long run for us (and way cheaper than launching on XenForo.) I feel like IPB gives us more options for expansion and collaboration than XenForo did.

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
You've done some good events in the past on the site...where do you come up with the ideas?

We'r actually running one right now! The ideas kinda pop into my head - we think of a charity that we want to donate too and we market around that.

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
How often do you check in on your site? Daily? Multiple times during the day?

Depends on the day - I try For every hour/other hour! Posting is usually at night.