Joshua Farrell

Forum Stock Market General Manager
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
Forum Stock Market

Welcome to what I call, the "Forum Stock Market". This is based around the general posting activity of the various forums listed below.

You can find more information on how this works, and how to submit your forum in the post directly below this one.

Current Forum Stock Data and Prices
Forum:
Example Listing
Forum URL: http://example.com
Thread to Buy Stock Shares: https://forumpromotion.net/forum/threads/forum-stock-market.162889/
Starting Share Price: N/A
Today's Opening Share Price: N/A
Yesterday's Share Price: N/A
Last 7 Days High/Low Stock Prices: N/A
Last Month's Opening and Closing Stock Amounts: N/A

Update Time: 5 PM, US Mountain Standard Time
Last updated: N/A

Quick Explanations of Above
Forum:
The Forum that you can buy stock in.
Forum URL: The url to the forum, if you want to check them out.
Thread to Buy Stock Shares: The thread you need to go to, to buy the individual shares of the forum you want to purchase said stock in.
Starting Share Price: The FP amount that the above mentioned forum started at.
Today's Share Price: The share price as it stands today.
Yesterday's Share Price: The share price as of yesterday.
Last 7 Days High/Low Stock Prices: The high and low prices of the shares, based on the previous 7 days.
Last Month's Opening and Closing Stock Amounts: The opening and closing prices of the previous month of record.

Q: How are the Shares prices done daily?
A: The Share Prices are adjusted daily, by comparing today's total post count with yesterday's. If the forum made so many posts above an average daily amount, the price will increase for that forum. So it goes with loosing value; if the forum doesn't make the average, it looses it's value.
Q: What is the average daily post count that each forum needs?
A: For forum owners, or just curious users, visit the next post below for more information, as that has the average amount of posts a forum needs to make, to gain or loose it's share value. It also has some more explanations of other things.
Q: Do I need to create specifically a new thread for this, or can I use my current active shop thread?
A: Up to you. If you already have two open threads in this board, use whichever thread you offer your most active services in.
Q: How do I buy a particular forum's stock?
A: You would need to visit the individual thread setup for that forum, in order to buy that forum's stock. The Forum owner or staff member running the stock exchange will then respond accordingly.
Q: How do I sell my shares? Do I sell it to the forum owner or to someone else?
A: Unless the forum owner wants to buy the shares back at current value, you have to sell it to an another forum user that is interested in the stocks of the same forum you have stocks in.
Q: What if I just don't want to have the shares anymore, and I can't get another user or the forum owner to buy?
A: Then it is a loss for you. So, all you have to do is to mention to the forum stock owner that you no longer want your shares, and that the forum owner can resell them. All this, pending on whether or not the you cannot get a buyer.
Q: WIll my forum listing get booted, if I don't actively maintain my thread listing, or if my forum goes inactive?
A: After 30 days, if you don't update your daily listings thread; or your forum goes inactive for atleast 30 days; your thread will be de-listed. This is done to keep the listings current. If you want to get it relisted, feel free to resubmit the thread listing again.
Q: Will you update my price listing, the same day as the submission?
A: It depends. If it has been atleast 12 hours since the submission, I will check your forum to see if there is a huge difference in post counts. If there hasn't been enough posts made since the submission; or if the submission is less than 12 hours old; I will ignore it in the next scheduled update.

Last edited:

Joshua Farrell

Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
Forum Stock Market Information and Starting Guide

Basics
- This is ran by a formula, that is designed in such a way, as to determine the change in value for each share in a forums' stock. It is fair and balanced. I have written the basic formula under the Forum submissions section; you can read down there if you want to try to wrap your head around the process.
- Everyday at a specified time (like 8 P.M. U.S. Mountain Standard Time (-7GMT)), The list will be updated with the current and previous price of each share.
- You may buy or sell at any time. To buy, reply using the form provided in the individual forum stock market thread, then donate the cash immediately following the post, to the individual selling the shares. To sell, make a post requesting your shares to be sold in the same thread.

Example: You buy 10 shares of Hogwarts School of Wizarding for 50 FP$ each. (Total 500 FP$). 2 days later, the value has increased to 60 FP$. You request a sale and you receive 600 FP$. In this case, you have made 100 FP$ more than what you spent.

Make sure you purchase shares using Today's value!

Submitting
When submitting your forum to be listed, you will be charged a non-refundable fee. This fee will start your forum listing at a specific price. After explaining some quick basic information on how share prices will work, you will then find the signup form you need to submit your forum, what you need to start your own thread for me to link to, and extra items that you can purchase, to increase your number of available shares, and initial starting value increase (if wanted).

Information on Submitting
Listing Fee: This is the Fee that you have to pay when submitting your forum to the stock market listing. This is non-refundable.
Starting Share Price: The starting price that your forums' shares start out at.
Average Daily Post Count Needed for No Change: This is the number of posts that your forum needs to make daily, to not have it's stock prices affected at all. The average will be based on total forum posts. Once your forum gets above a certain post amount, the daily average may change.
Price Increases or Decreases by 1 FP, Per: This is the number of posts one needs to make in addition to the average, to get your forum's stock to increase in it's price per 1 FP. This is also the number of posts that will lower your price by 1 FP, for every so many posts under the average.
Default Shares Available: The number of shares available for you to sell to people interested in investing in your forum stock. This amount can be increased, by purchasing a share upgrade.

Listing Fee: 500 FP
Starting Share Price: 25 FP
Average Daily Post Count Needed for No Change:
For forums below 250,000 Posts - 50 Posts
For forums between 250,001 to 500,000 Posts - 75 Posts
For forums above 500,001 Posts - 100 Posts
Price Increases or Decreases by 1 FP, Per: Every 10 Posts above or below average.
Default Shares Available: 1,000 Shares

Submissions
In order to submit your forum to the Stock Market list (and be able to have your thread listed at the list at the top of this page), you need to fill out the following information, and copy and fill out the format for your own thread. Once I have reviewed the information you supplied (and double check that you created your thread), you will then need to pay the entry fee, and any other fees for any extra items you want added, before I list your forum as available. Once you do that, please keep daily tabs of this thread, to see if there are any new updates to the cost of your stock prices, so that you can keep your own thread up to date.

Submission Form
Code:
[b]Forum Name[/b]:
[b]Forum Link[/b]:
[b]Current Total Posts[/b]:
[b]Thread Link[/b]: (Link to your thread that you created, by using the next form for the topic.)
[b]Extras[/b]: (Any added items, if wanted)
Your Personal Stock Thread Form
Code:
[b]Forum Name[/b]: (your forum name)
[b]Forum Link[/b]: (link to your forum)
[b]Today's Share Price[/b]: (updated daily in overview thread, please see that thread daily for your current share price)
[b]Total Shares[/b]: (This is the total shares you can sell)
[b]Available Shares Left[/b]: (current total for purchase)
[b]Stock Buy Back Availability[/b]: (Specify here if you are willing to buy back the shares you sold off.)
[b]Share Owners[/b]: (Those who bought any number of shares, and the price the shares were bought at.)
[b]Forum Notes[/b]: (Any notes you have about the forum or whatever else.)

[b]Form to Fill out to Purchase or Sell Shares[b]
[b]Buying or Selling?[/b]: (Are you buying or selling?)
[b]How Many Shares[/b]: (The amount you want to buy or sell.)
[b]Current Price[/b]: (The current value per share.)
[b]Total Price[/b]: (The total value of your request.)
Extras to Purchase
Raise Starting Share Price by 100 FP: 300 FP
Raise Starting Share Price by 250 FP: 750 FP
Raise Starting Share Price by 500 FP: 1500 FP
Available Shares Increase:
250 FP per 1,000 Shares
500 FP per 2,500 Shares
1,000 FP per 5,000 Shares
2,000 FP per 10,000 Shares
3,000 FP per 15,000 Shares
4,000 FP per 20,000 Shares
5,000 FP per 25,000 Shares

Last edited:

Joshua Farrell

Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
So, to add to my q and a list:
Q: Will you update my price listing, the same day as the submission?
A: It depends. If it has been atleast 12 hours since the submission, I will check your forum to see if there is a huge difference in post counts. If there hasn't been enough posts made since the submission; or if the submission is less than 12 hours old; I will ignore it in the next scheduled update.