Forum wars, like an RPG?

Puppuccino

Caution: Hot
Aug 16, 2009
FP$
I’ve had an idea about a possible way of promoting forums that streets away from traditional methods. I’m only posting it as well because it’s take a lot of work to make and I’m in two minds if I can be bothered in all honesty.

But the idea is basically you create a website (like a character) and you then have stats and level it up and battle other sites and improve your stats and then climb a leaderboard on the front page.

You can then join and team and merge your stats and the points or whatever you get can be put towards levelling your site and pushing it further up the leaderboard.

Obviously it’s a fun way to promote your website that is a bit different and not just posting about it and bumping a topic for example.

What do you think? A bit weird I know!

Reactions: AltairX and Ash

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
That sounds like a fun idea! When you say stats, what are you referring to? General quantity statistics, like registrations/posts/comments/etc? And when you battle each other, would it be like our site battles with a poll, or how would we be determining the winner?

AltairX

Familiar Face
Feb 13, 2019
FP$
I always thought it would be fun for forums to have an Olympic games competition type thing. Where they compete with each other for different events. I never put much thought or time to develop it. Your idea reminded me of this.
---
I love the idea your idea. I hope you further develop the idea and implement it.

Puppuccino

Caution: Hot
Aug 16, 2009
FP$
That sounds like a fun idea! When you say stats, what are you referring to? General quantity statistics, like registrations/posts/comments/etc? And when you battle each other, would it be like our site battles with a poll, or how would we be determining the winner?

Not stats of the actual forum like post count, but like health points or 'reputation' etc.

I always thought it would be fun for forums to have an Olympic games competition type thing. Where they compete with each other for different events. I never put much thought or time to develop it. Your idea reminded me of this.
---
I love the idea your idea. I hope you further develop the idea and implement it.

Yeah I mean sort of like that. Something where sites compete against each other but in a way where even if you're in the lead you don't get an unfair advantage so it encourages consistent participation.

I do want to do this, but I would have to think about how to add it on to my forum because starting from scratch would take way too long to build the infrastructure up for something that may not really work.

I still don't know if I'd do it really. But I like the thought of making a game.

AltairX

Familiar Face
Feb 13, 2019
FP$
This thread gave me a great idea on how to implement my idea further.
--
good luck on your project.