Completed Forum Web Hosting - Need 1+ feedback/review(s) from all of you!

Discussion in 'Community Reviews' started by Tommy M., Apr 14, 2016.

1. Kaynil

Kaynil Editorial Team Leader Editorial Team Team Leader

+276
    Hey, Tommy M.

I am not sure how different your landing page renders for me from what @Grimalkin sees, but this is how it looks for me:
    [​IMG]
    I can clearly see your adverts (host X now top right banner, and a column of adverts in the right side panel), even with my adblocker active. In fact, when I deactivated it and reloaded the page I didn't notice a difference, so I think your adverts are getting through just fine, at least when it comes to uBlock and chrome.

I hope that helps. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Package Team Package Team

+283
    The screenshot that @Kaynil provided is that exact some thing that I see when I look at your site. The adverts in the right side panel, is that what you meant when you were talking about the ads? I can clearly see those. I thought you were talking about something different when you mentioned the ads.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tommy M.

Tommy M. Up-and-Coming Sensation

+12
    Thanks for letting me know this, I thought it can be hid on your browser by any ad blockers.
    Just a quick question, do you thin it has many banner ads on my forum? I am going to stop offering banner ads at this time because felling it has so many there.

4. Kaynil

+276
    I think you do have many banner ads. The saving grace with your web is that the adverts are related so they, for the most part, blend. I do agree that it'd be wise not to add any more. Reducing the number a bit as the current deals expire should work. Another alternative could be using some sort of rotation rather than displaying everything all the time.

5. Tommy M.

+12
    I understand and this is making me headache because I am having too many contacts and requesting to have banner ads on the forums. I could not refuse because it's requests from my customers/advertisers. If I refuse, I can lose my customers.

Are you sure rotated banner will work?
    Because more people didn't want their banners to be rotated.
    Have you tried this on your forum?

6. Kaynil

+276
    Hi, Tommy M.
    I am in no way a professional when it comes to dealing with advertisers but I'll try to answer your queries.

I can't be sure it will work and if you have already been told by your customers this is not what they want then nevermind the idea.

Yeah, it is a tight spot and it is not easy to find a balance. If you can't reduce the number of spots due to high demand that is fair enough, I just recommend you not to increase the number of adverts you already have.

The only idea that I can think up in your position would be to shorten the time exposed people can buy at once for a few days (adjusting the prices accordingly) and having a queue they can check on so they know when their adverts will be live could help. That way more of them will have a chance to get exposition.

Sounds like you're a tight spot right now. We have a section called Brainstorming, where members can explain their forum's situation and ask the community to help you come up with ideas. It might be worth a shot that you make a thread describing the problem you're having about the demand of adverts, how you feel you have many as it is but that you don't want to lose them. Explain your situation the best you can and hopefully some members will be up to give you some tips, advice or the insight you need. I wish you best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tommy M.

+12
    It is a good suggestion, another solutions is increase pricing on each banner ad so we will have less banners but number of clicks will increase. What do you think we should do that?

It is good to check number of impressions and clicks to banner ad but for some days, it is too short because we can consume more time on dealing questions and adding banner ads.That's can be not worth.

8. Kaynil

+276
    You have to find the equilibrium between demand and supply that works the best for you and your clients. You have high demand and short supply so increasing the prices would make fewer people ask for them but those who do will pay more. It sounds like a good idea to me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tommy M.

+12
    Thanks for your advice
    Increasing price is not a good idea because we don't want advertisers come our forum spend more for ads, we want them to have more benefit than what they paid for.
    We am still having contacted to have banner ads on our site daily but we think we (or my admin) should limit number of banners on our sites.

Regards,
    Tommy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jax

Jax Addicted

+101

J A X ' S
    R E V I E W
    Review Date: 25/02/17
    Unofficial Review By
    Jax

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    When I first visited your site, I did find your site rather cluttered, I am a minimalist designer which is why I am not a big fan of the sites design. having said that I got what your site was about within 30 seconds of visiting. There is a lot going on and there is little to know white space. Your forum is a cross between blog and forum which I think is quite cool.

DESIGN
    I am going, to be honest, so if you do not like my critic here you can just ignore it. I really like the colour scheme of your site, it is well matched to the overall style of the site, the user groups even complement the theme which is perfect.

The site could use some white space if you don't get what I mean let me explain. Your content lacks, breathing room. I would recommend that you create a two column to a three column layout, having four columns of content is just too much. I feel that reducing the amount of columns would increase the white space which will make it easier on the eyes.

On the actual forum boards, the layout is very clean and very well designed. I actually prefer the simple forum layout than the front pages complexity. Very good so far.

CODE

Here is some stats of your code test:
    • A total of 866 errors and 224 warnings were found on the 5 pages tested.

• No pages are W3C compliant. Because there are errors in the code, some web browsers may not be able to read this website correctly and it may not always display correctly.Show recommendations

• 5 of the pages of this website were found to use presentational HTML elements and/or attributes. It is widely regarded that use of presentational HTML like <font> and <p bgcolor="#FF0000"> should be avoided. Show recommendations

• None of the tested pages of this site use tables for layout. This is excellent, as using tables for layout is not necessary and they should only contain tabular data. A well-built website should use div elements and CSS to create the desired layout.
    More info: http://nibbler.silktide.com/en_US/reports/forumweb.hosting

SUMMARY

In conclusion, you have a great site with an active community. I would suggest reducing the columns to a three column layout as I feel it would look better than the current four. The design is right on trend with flat style. it also has great colour balance.

The only issues I have with your site is it can appear a little confusing for a new visitor, there is some code pointers that may need to be corrected in the future. I wish you the best of luck with your site it is great. I enjoyed reviewing your site.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tommy M.

+12
    First off, I want to like your post and your feedback.
    I am pretty busy on our forums at this time thus I will answer with details on each paragraph (your reviews) next days for which you gave to our forum in the post above.
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 2