Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
Hey guys, one thing that @Fergal offered back in the day was for members to be able to convert their FP$ into real cash donations to the World Food Programme. You can see the topic where this was offered back in 2010 and 2011. This is one of the ideas that I thought was absolutely brilliant, and I'd love to get this going again.

The question is what charities would you guys like be able to donate your FP$ towards? We could stick with the World Food Programme, as it is definitely a reputable organization. Still, I feel that the members of our community may have some particular causes that they'd especially appreciate the opportunity to donate towards, so this is where you can make charity suggestions. Let us know what you think! Thanks.

Regards,
Cameron

David S

Packager
Nov 3, 2013
Blackpool,UK
FP$
I think we should support The Great Ormond Street Hospital, the job these guys do is brilliant for terminally ill children. Also maybe Help for Heroes and Cancer Research UK. They're also good charities.

Reactions: Cammeh

Ash

Seasoned Veteran
I think we should support The Great Ormond Street Hospital, the job these guys do is brilliant for terminally ill children. Also maybe Help for Heroes and Cancer Research UK. They're also good charities.
+1 for the Great Ormond Street Hospital. I would definitely donate all my FP$ to them.

There are allot of charity groups. I like to support "The Air Ambulance Service" yet again thought about joining them at one stage as an volunteer. Good idea to chnage to do a different charity each month but I doubt that members will donate every single month or in must cases once donated for an charity group they will take time to earn again

But doesn't have to be FP$ I'm happy and willing to donate real crash transfer from PayPal. Should stick at one charity for three or so months before moving over.

ChrisGrigg

Community Team Member
Community Team
Forum Sponsor
I like seeing donations to food programs and shelters for animals. There is a fantastic animal shelter near me that I donate to all the time. They are 501(c)3. This year for my birthday on facebook, I created a fundraiser and all of the donations are going to them. :) I've rescued 4 animals from them. Best animals are shelter animals.

So I would definitely donate to a 501c3 shelter or food program.
http://fycas.org/ (shelter)

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
D

Deleted member 32117

Sick Children's Foundation :)

Could Please and have like a forum section with different foundation charity around the world? (Like where we can donate our FP's too also a sponsorship Program?
Add a Forum Section with a list of all Charity organizations from around the world?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron

Legendary Typer
Jun 4, 2013
FP$
Cookie Badge
It would be cool to have a rotating option each month. People can nominate a charity and then each month there can be three options and the most favored option gets the $FP/cash for that month.

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
I am delighted to see all of these responses. It's great to see that so many of you guys have a particular charity that pops in your head right off the bat. That is a testament of what wonderful individuals we have here at FP. :)

It would be cool to have a rotating option each month. People can nominate a charity and then each month there can be three options and the most favored option gets the $FP/cash for that month.
That is an interesting suggestion. I actually used to be active on a general discussion forum many years ago that had a type of set up like that. This particular forum didn't actually have any form of virtual currency, but the owner made a point to promote a different charity to her members each month. She'd try to compel them to donate to this particular cause, and she'd have an entire forum solely dedicated to discussing that charity for that particular month.

I think we could have some type of sub-forum in Community Matters that would be dedicated to the organization of our charity discussions. We could have a nominations phase where we suggest what charity we would like to feature for that particular month, and then the community could vote on it. Then the charity that is chosen will have an official topic explaining what it is and the good things that it does, and users will be able to reply to that topic making their donations. We could also then have a records topic where we list how much money we have donated towards each cause, and the users who have donated the most FP$.

Reactions: ChrisGrigg and Ash

Azareal

Paragon
Great idea! I thought this was awesome back then as well. It may be worth looking into the charities, though, because many charities have a very large "administration" cost (i.e. they spend most of their donations on executive salaries).
That kinda reminds me of Wikipedia. Constantly begging for money and shoving the founders face in your face, only to spend it on "administration" and what-not.
It turned out that the founder was using the funds where ever he pleased like going out to expensive restaurants, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Princess MeowsePad

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
Great idea! I thought this was awesome back then as well. It may be worth looking into the charities, though, because many charities have a very large "administration" cost (i.e. they spend most of their donations on executive salaries).
I’ve heard of that, and we’d certainly like to avoid dealing with charities like that. Do you know of any websites that review/report the legitimacy of charities? We don’t want to waste our time with those charities that aren’t really trying to make a difference.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaynil

Aaron

Legendary Typer
Jun 4, 2013
FP$
Cookie Badge
I am delighted to see all of these responses. It's great to see that so many of you guys have a particular charity that pops in your head right off the bat. That is a testament of what wonderful individuals we have here at FP. :)

That is an interesting suggestion. I actually used to be active on a general discussion forum many years ago that had a type of set up like that. This particular forum didn't actually have any form of virtual currency, but the owner made a point to promote a different charity to her members each month. She'd try to compel them to donate to this particular cause, and she'd have an entire forum solely dedicated to discussing that charity for that particular month.

I think we could have some type of sub-forum in Community Matters that would be dedicated to the organization of our charity discussions. We could have a nominations phase where we suggest what charity we would like to feature for that particular month, and then the community could vote on it. Then the charity that is chosen will have an official topic explaining what it is and the good things that it does, and users will be able to reply to that topic making their donations. We could also then have a records topic where we list how much money we have donated towards each cause, and the users who have donated the most FP$.
I used to be a member of a organization in New Zealand whom would offer three choices for charities, you would make your vote and at that same time would pay $4 so whichever charity won got that donation. It may even still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.