Feedback FP$ Inflation

cryptik

i exploit & break into things
May 22, 2011
FP$
I will just leave this here...

upload_2019-3-21_11-20-8.png

Common sense would say to search for answers before posting yet another duplicate thread about something.

D

Deleted member 32117

I just noticed it now lol I had like 1,929 now I have 900 FP$

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
This was a pretty big debate back in July, and the community was largely against the idea of resetting FP$. It sounds like a nice idea to start everything off again with a clean slate, but it's also a decision that has the potential to leave a lot of individuals unhappy. Kind of a crap situation regardless. We can't buy back everyone's FP$, but it's hard to create value of FP$ when you've got so many people with thousands of it.

If it were to ever be reset, the system itself would obviously have to be overhauled. And then FP$ would have to be backed up with legitimate value. The concern then would be that FP would turn into another paid posting forum, like BeerMoneyForum or ForumCoin. And that's really not the direction we want to go either.

There are so much members here like myself who has so much FP$ that it will make them upset! well some will some not. Those that will are the once that paid for there FP$ back in the day when we are allow to by cash for FP$. Main reason so that members have to post more to earn there FP$

Bluezone777

Dinner Team Leader
Sep 5, 2008
SW Florida
FP$
What most probably don't realize is that everyone here already got robbed of most of their money long ago and just never realized it because the robbery came by way of the currency being devalued and not actual currency being taken so they didn't see it till it became so bad that it couldn't be overlooked anymore. If the currency was reset not just once but on a regular basis, people would actually gain money rather than lose it because the money they would be getting post reset would have far more value than the money they lose in the reset which is frankly near worthless right now and the frequent resets would stave off inflation while allowing new members to gain currency. The currency system this forum uses requires the printing press to run continuously for the benefit of new members which is ultimately destructive to this forum's economy if not checked by resets which is where we are because no one kept the economy in check. In your typical country, the printing presses don't continuously create new currency endlessly because they know that sparks inflation which is bad. This forum's economy runs no differently than a country.

The reset would make posting more valuable, make FP prizes in contests more desirable because people would actually need it unlike now where FP cash prizes are treated as a joke.

Most people here are here for themselves not you. They got a site to run and don't have time to do charity work such as post on some other person's site(such as this one) to be nice. You have to make what benefits you be beneficial to them and by making currency valuable by doing a reset and doing them on some sort of regular basis will compel people to post on this board because it benefits them and in turn benefits you as well so everyone wins. The people who don't have a site and don't need FP will still make posts regardless because if they see a discussion that interests them, they are going to post in it regardless if they need the FP cash or not. Once you get the ball rolling, it will likely be able to sustain itself and the downward trend this forum has been on might actually begin to reverse.

Yes, you run the risk of pissing people off but quite frankly you are already pissing people off or even worse driving them into apathy where they couldn't care less what happens here and that's even worse which is what I suspect some are heading to if not already there. If people here had something to do but sit and pick at your flaws, they would be doing that but you give people nothing to do with their time but pick at you so that's what they do.

If there is one thing that should be crystal clear to all is staying the course we are on is not a viable option if you want a FP with a future of some sort.

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
There are so much members here like myself who has so much FP$ that it will make them upset! well some will some not. Those that will are the once that paid for there FP$ back in the day when we are allow to by cash for FP$. Main reason so that members have to post more to earn there FP$
If you are concerned about $FP then stop posting. Problem solved.

• Facepalm
Reactions: jenna appleseed

Azareal

Paragon
What most probably don't realize is that everyone here already got robbed of most of their money long ago and just never realized it because the robbery came by way of the currency being devalued and not actual currency being taken so they didn't see it till it became so bad that it couldn't be overlooked anymore. If the currency was reset not just once but on a regular basis, people would actually gain money rather than lose it because the money they would be getting post reset would have far more value than the money they lose in the reset which is frankly near worthless right now and the frequent resets would stave off inflation while allowing new members to gain currency. The currency system this forum uses requires the printing press to run continuously for the benefit of new members which is ultimately destructive to this forum's economy if not checked by resets which is where we are because no one kept the economy in check. In your typical country, the printing presses don't continuously create new currency endlessly because they know that sparks inflation which is bad. This forum's economy runs no differently than a country.

The reset would make posting more valuable, make FP prizes in contests more desirable because people would actually need it unlike now where FP cash prizes are treated as a joke.

Most people here are here for themselves not you. They got a site to run and don't have time to do charity work such as post on some other person's site(such as this one) to be nice. You have to make what benefits you be beneficial to them and by making currency valuable by doing a reset and doing them on some sort of regular basis will compel people to post on this board because it benefits them and in turn benefits you as well so everyone wins. The people who don't have a site and don't need FP will still make posts regardless because if they see a discussion that interests them, they are going to post in it regardless if they need the FP cash or not. Once you get the ball rolling, it will likely be able to sustain itself and the downward trend this forum has been on might actually begin to reverse.

Yes, you run the risk of pissing people off but quite frankly you are already pissing people off or even worse driving them into apathy where they couldn't care less what happens here and that's even worse which is what I suspect some are heading to if not already there. If people here had something to do but sit and pick at your flaws, they would be doing that but you give people nothing to do with their time but pick at you so that's what they do.

If there is one thing that should be crystal clear to all is staying the course we are on is not a viable option if you want a FP with a future of some sort.
You almost have a point, however much of the reason that FP$ is so worthless is because of how few members FP has left (with the number of regulars constantly going slightly above and below zero as people come, post a bit, and then finally realise that the site is dead). There are nowhere near enough people to give you useful services and what-not.

The most stimulus the site get is when someone gets bored and decides to jump in somewhere and when a new staff member blasts out 50 posts in a few days to prove their position.

Also, with the number of users low, there's little value in someone outright buying advertising slots with FP$, they might as-well just wait until the situation improves (if it does) or just consider their FP$ worthless.

In the current climate, where FP has foot in the grave, that is really unlikely to change and resetting it will just cause people to think, "Ugh, they reset FP$. Hell, now that I think about it, why am I wasting my time on here."

Last edited: