Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
These incredible free icon sets are perfect for forum sections, blog categories, buttons, and other website elements. While you may be tempted to purchase a membership to a private graphics service, we highly recommend checking out these free resources if you need icons or graphics for your logo.

FontAwesome

These icons are absolutely amazing and there are literally hundreds of them. Although it is a font set, you can add or remove icons based on your need. You simply load the CSS file into your website and then use specific FontAwesome (FA) classes in your HTML to display any of icons! They have over 1,500+ free premium icons. They also have over 7,000 “pro icons” that can be accessed for as little as $99/year. This price is 100% worth it for the quality and flexibility you get with FA icons. From standard icons for user & content management to actual brand (ex: Facebook logo) images, you will find what you need. My...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
This is a very helpful article. FontAwesome is one most prevalent resource now, given that many specific software styles and add-ons have FontAwesome capabilities built in, whether you're talking about XenForo, IPB, WordPress, etc. As far as what I'd typically use when I'm in need of an open source icon set, IconFinder was always my go to.