FriendlyPerson's Ask Me!

FriendlyPerson

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
Hiya figure I make one of these as I am sure very few if any of you actually met a deaf and blind person online. Thus I figured it's a good way to provide everyone an opportunity of virtually meeting one and could be pretty fun as well.

As long as it's follows the guidelines here I am fairly open to responding to boost. :)

FriendlyPerson

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
Do you have any pets?
Yes I do, an older cat that hates me for no apparent reasons after my extensive surgery and after the surgery following of the removal of the supporting device.

As well as a last minute cat that was literally taken from the dump and isolated by my mom's friend's crew. They locked her up in the tool shed for about two weeks before the recuse could authorize everything for her to be spayed and for initial vacs.

That one loves me so much and she is so cute.

FriendlyPerson

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
Not alone on that, What made you to get into what you do :)
Thanks very much for reassuring me of that, much appreciate that of you.

It was for a safer and more productive Internet experiences. I was not happy with things turned out for me on the Internet and I thought of changing this in ways and avenues I could.

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
What hardships have arisen from your deaf-blindness in terms of participating on online forums? What accommodations have you found useful to help gain more inclusive access to websites like FP?

Reactions: FriendlyPerson

FriendlyPerson

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
What hardships have arisen from your deaf-blindness in terms of participating on online forums? What accommodations have you found useful to help gain more inclusive access to websites like FP?
Good question indeed, thanks for asking!

My main concerns are as follows freely available dark theming, concise and simplified layouts as well as remaining quality contrasts.

Main factors that came down that there were staffing that either lacked the care to keep the platforms safe and within legal limits. I have lost a MAJOR market place forum as a result coupled with Discord making me lose all of my connections and friends as a result.

Because of all of this I gotta try to rebuild here and on Revilliution as a result. As it were to be Day 1 for me. :(

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
Good question indeed, thanks for asking!

My main concerns are as follows freely available dark theming, concise and simplified layouts as well as remaining quality contrasts.

Main factors that came down that there were staffing that either lacked the care to keep the platforms safe and within legal limits. I have lost a MAJOR market place forum as a result coupled with Discord making me lose all of my connections and friends as a result.

Because of all of this I gotta try to rebuild here and on Revilliution as a result. As it were to be Day 1 for me. :(

Do you use special software to help you? I have friends online who are blind that use special software but they aren't deaf so their software wouldn't help you.

FriendlyPerson

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
Do you use special software to help you? I have friends online who are blind that use special software but they aren't deaf so their software wouldn't help you.
Other than the accessibly tools provided by Linux Mint to make my screen 2.4x enlarged as well it's dark themeing with the Vivaldi browser's UI scaling and the Dark Reader extension. Not so much after such changes.

Do note that the above is still required despite such adjustments.