Solved Fun at Forum Promotion

Discussion in 'Solved Archive' started by Grimalkin, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+810
    I know we have the "Site Battle Madness" contest that occurs in March/April, which is right around the corner. This contest is usually a big whoop-de-doo every year here on FP. I know I enjoy the contest, even if I don't win anything. I just like seeing all the different sites that participate in the contest and see who becomes the winner in the end. Why don't FP do some other fun things as well? They don't have to happen all at the same time because I know that would become quite stressful for the staff to have to deal with. I'm just wondering....will FP do other things during other parts of the year or is the "SBM" going to be the only contest we get each year? Just wondering...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Web2019

Web2019 Up-and-Coming Sensation

+64
    Let NetworkOne promote the Site Battle Madness this year!

FP's Site Battle Madness promoted by NetworkOne?!?

3. Allan

Allan Paragon

+28
    Finding the time and staff to add more is the key factor, but more contest would be great.

4. Jerlene

Jerlene The Senseless Blogger Administrator

+724
    I hope it isn't the only contest we hold. We also have the FP Awards every year. But I definitely agree with adding more fun things around FP.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    Or finding active staff members who actually want to work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Grimalkin

+810
    I would like to see at least one other contest besides the Site Battle Madness. Maybe we could do another one around September/October since the Site Battle Madness contest is around March/April. That way they'd be spread out enough to have some down time between contests.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jerlene

+724
    That's a great suggestion. I agree completely. More contests will get the wheels turning again. We should do one every quarter. I think 4, one every 3 months, is a decent number and enough time between contests.

8. Van1lla ™

Van1lla ™ Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+71
    Isn't this another role of the community team? To come up with and direct competitions throughout the year? Always used to be when they first started out. Then each team used to come up with various competitions for their sections. Like we had SOTW on Graphics.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,298
    Should have everyone thinking of ways to think. any member can think of an idea and maybe that member likes to be an manager for that competition.

10. Van1lla ™

Van1lla ™ Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+71
    Yeah I get that and i'm not disputing it. But since there was a post not so long ago about the community team least it would give another purpose to the position. It gives some sort of controls as well rather than lots of little competitions going on at different times by different members.

11. Bluezone777

Bluezone777 Dinner Team Leader

+409
    I would suggest avoiding making things that are to be fun as a routine because making it a routine will suck the fun out of it which is likely why this forum's recent member awards contest got so little participation.

A benefit to it being a staff run contest is that you have hidden forums at your disposal that can be used to plan the contest and place info such as an answer key for a trivia contest so anyone on staff can run it if the intended contest runner is unable to start or finish it because something unexpected comes up.

Oh and one more thing, not every contest run on here has to have something to do with forum promotion or management so don't let the reality that this is a forum promotion forum restrict what kind of events you have and what they are about.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jerlene

+724
    I would love to do a SOTW or something like it. Maybe a graphic of the month? Not sure. But this would be good to bring back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grimalkin

+810
    That's the reason why I suggested doing one other contest around September/October or so. Not only does it give the staff a break in between contests but it would not "suck the fun out of it" as you call it by doing too many contests. We could just have two big contests a year. Since FP already does the Site Battle Madness in March/April...all they have to figure is doing something else during the September/October part of the year.

Excellent point! I not only agree with this but I happen to do this on my own forum.

Since FP already does the Site Battle Madness contest in March/April (which is already something to do with forum promotion in a way) then I say the other contest that the staff can do during September/October can be something a bit different.

14. Cam

Cam Owner Administrator Owner

+1,045
    Site Battle Madness is the big thing on our mind right now. We’re working on getting that organized, and hopefully have some sponsors, like we have had in the past.

We’re also focused on hosting smaller events though, like the Caption Contest that @Gio just started up. I’d like to see some kind of different contest within the community every few weeks. Nothing big, just small community events.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Arvid

Arvid Addicted

+106
    I haven't participated in any events yet but I would definitely like some more fun things added to the site. Maybe a couple of Easter Eggs or Games that the community can join in on.

16. Jerlene

+724
    Well, you can enter in Site Battle Madness. Submissions are currently being accepted. Gio also has a Caption Contest going on. But we're trying to think of more things for the community to be able to participate in. I, personally, am coming up with little Easter egg hunts and I hope to have a big one going by Easter. :) Maybe even a pre-game a couple weeks ahead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cool Cool x 1
  17. Jerlene

+724
    Going to close this because it's been nearly two months without a reply from the OP and one month without a reply at all. But I would like to reiterate that we currently have Site Battle Madness going on. Gio has his Caption Contest. I'm planning an Easter Egg Hunt for Easter.:muted: We will continue to have fun things for members to do around here. :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.