Gaming Forum - JoyFreak.com Review

JoyFreak

Addicted
It took a bit to load, but not too long that it would chase visitors away.
I like how organized everything is. The formatting is really clean.
The icons used on the forum are nice. Are they custom made?
The threads itself look very plain. I'm not a fan of the lack of a postbit.
Thank you so much for your feedback!

We have some exciting news we would like to share but not until a few weeks. Good things are coming!

Reactions: Jerlene

Azareal

Paragon
The icon fonts take about 1.2 seconds to load each here.
There are three of them, one weighing in at 142KB, one weighing in at 115KB and one weighing in at 70KB.

They also likely contain many, many icons you don't actually use and slow things down for no reason. Instead you likely want to load the individual icons as SVGs, so that you only load what you actually need.

Reactions: JoyFreak

JoyFreak

Addicted
There are three of them, one weighing in at 142KB, one weighing in at 115KB and one weighing in at 70KB.

They also likely contain many, many icons you don't actually use and slow things down for no reason. Instead you likely want to load the individual icons as SVGs, so that you only load what you actually need.
I’ll take a look thanks!

JoyFreak

Addicted

Can you take a look now? I optimized the welcome image which had a file size of 2.8mb, that most probably made the icons and the page load slower.

Last edited: