Halloween Caption This 2019

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Regardless of the winner, surely there shouldn’t have been a staff vote, considering one of the “finalists” is now an admin. Bit of a biased view point? Should definitely be a public poll. I know it doesn’t matter much now, but for future reference.
I didn't even see that he was promoted to Admin until after all this. He still won regardless without bias. Everyone had a chance to vote and look at how low the turnout was.

Matthew

Lt. Cmdr. Data
Jun 28, 2010
West Virginia
FP$
I didn't even see that he was promoted to Admin until after all this. He still won regardless without bias. Everyone had a chance to vote and look at how low the turnout was.
Regardless of your intent, the action was made. Given the extreme distrust amongst the overall community, privately held tie breakers in the given context probably isn’t the best idea. Just something to think about moving forward.

• Agree
Reactions: TechWiz18

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Regardless of your intent, the action was made. Given the extreme distrust amongst the overall community, privately held tie breakers in the given context probably isn’t the best idea. Just something to think about moving forward.
I haven't been around here long enough to know why there is so much distrust but I'm seeing how it affects the posts here on the site and the attitude.

Would it be better to do what we do on my site where a secondary tie breaker among the 2 is done by members/staff together?

Van1lla ™

Seasoned Veteran
Oct 9, 2007
UK
www.google.co.uk
FP$
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying staff shouldn’t have been able to vote in that situation, just not behind closed doors. Admin or not, he was still staff at that time. Just a poll that is in the public domain where anyone including the staff would suffice for next time. :)

Matthew

Lt. Cmdr. Data
Jun 28, 2010
West Virginia
FP$
I haven't been around here long enough to know why there is so much distrust but I'm seeing how it affects the posts here on the site and the attitude.

Would it be better to do what we do on my site where a secondary tie breaker among the 2 is done by members/staff together?
Absolutely.