Has Anyone Ever Had Luck Marketing Their Site in Real Life?

TopSilver

Reputable
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
Simply put, has anyone ever tried to advertise there site to people in real life? Examples are posting flyers around local businesses, giving out business cards, mailing brochures to different people and so forth. It's not often you see much of this for small time forums but I was wondering if anyone has actually ever done this and succeeded with it.

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
When I had a portrait website, I advertised in different ways such as mailing out letters & business cards to pet breeders, bought ads in high school sports/drama booklets, and left out brochures at the UPS store where I had my mailbox. None of that paid off at all unfortunately.

meetdilip

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 17, 2019
FP$
But what you did is the most effective way of doing it. I would have followed something similar if I have to try real world marketing. But people have moved on, all of them are on Facebook now.

Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
For my personal sites? No, I haven't, due to not trying. Granted, I probably wouldn't be sure of the success, unless I knew what demographic and group type I wanted.

Meanwhile, for my father's site, word of mouth is pretty easy to get visitors, because most of the people that might be interested in it, are generally the adults in the area, that wants to know more about various things in the world.

Reactions: TopSilver

Cam!

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
When we launched Nashville Web Services, I used a school printer at my college to print out a ton of flyers for it. Unlimited copies with color, and I didn't have to pay for it... So why not?

I hung them around all over campus. I ended up designing a t-shirt for one of the dorm halls on campus. That paid off a couple of fines I had gotten for different reasons. :p

Beyond that, I've had little luck. It's something I've considered, but you have to be in the right niche for that. For example, I don't think it would make sense to go around handing business cards advertising FP. The chance of me running into other people who own/manage online communities is slim to none.