Have you tried Guilded yet?

Smokey

Paragon
Jul 28, 2009
USA
www.revillution.net
FP$
So everyone knows about Discord, but recently Discord has made changes to their partnership program and have actually been removing partners because their servers don't hit the right 'criteria' to remain partnered, regardless of how long they have been a discord partner. I digress!

I'm here to tell you about Guilded. A new and absolutely fantastic discord alternative! It's like Discord, but waaaay better! Think of it as Discord, on steroids, more gaming oriented. It features things like calenders, forums, and media channels for pics/vids.That's not all, the voice communication and overall bitrate for voice is superior to Discord, it's clearer, with far less drop outs and best of all, things reserved for discord partners such as server URL's and custom server banners/art, are FREE for everyone, right out of the box.

Don't believe me? Join Guilded today and then check out the official Revillution Guilded Server. The web application works way better than Discord's as well, so you can try it before you buy so to speak (It's free, there's no purchase necessary) more like try before you download the application.

Did I mention the mobile app works WAY better than Discord's, too?

Isn't it time you checked out Guilded?

Talk Mental Health

Smokey

Paragon
Jul 28, 2009
USA
www.revillution.net
FP$
Much like Discord, it's not designed or mean't to make forums 'more dead'. Hell, in terms of user activity, Revillution is the most active it's been in years, Guilded is used as an extension to the forum, not as a means of 'getting rid of it' or 'killing it off'.

Marc

Paragon
Dec 15, 2009
Forum Promotion
www.crazyim.com
FP$
Much like Discord, it's not designed or mean't to make forums 'more dead'. Hell, in terms of user activity, Revillution is the most active it's been in years, Guilded is used as an extension to the forum, not as a means of 'getting rid of it' or 'killing it off'.
Why does your discord channel have 36 users online right now while only 16 visited for the day? I'm also not seeing many posts being made except for your posting spree. Unless you can convince them to log into the forum daily and make some posts, that's pretty much what discord will eventually do to small forums IMO.

Anyway, it'd be nice if you pointed out that you used a referral link in your post. Without that, it feels like you're pushing empty words in our face to convince us to switch just to benefit you in some way, especially since you still have the discord widget up on your site.

Smokey

Paragon
Jul 28, 2009
USA
www.revillution.net
FP$
Are you a representative of this platform?
Nope, just someone who sees potential in the platform and likes the features it provides.

Why does your discord channel have 36 users online right now while only 16 visited for the day? I'm also not seeing many posts being made except for your posting spree. Unless you can convince them to log into the forum daily and make some posts, that's pretty much what discord will eventually do to small forums IMO.

Anyway, it'd be nice if you pointed out that you used a referral link in your post. Without that, it feels like you're pushing empty words in our face to convince us to switch just to benefit you in some way, especially since you still have the discord widget up on your site.
What does the number of users on my forum have to do with the number of users online in my discord? Not everyone is going to visit the site on a daily basis, plenty of people tend to keep their PC's online and signed into software like Discord though.

The reason the widget is still on the site is because we're still transitioning stuff over from the discord over to the guilded, and simply haven't removed the widget yet.

Discord has said their focus is no longer in gaming and are looking to move closer towards something similar to what Skype was, which is a bit disheartening for a lot of communities, hence why a lot of people (not just myself) are making the switch over to Guilded, which is more gamer & community -oriented.