Hello there!

Discussion in 'New to FP?' started by two50v, Apr 13, 2019.

1. two50v

two50v Acquaintance

+7
    Heya~

I've had several accounts here in the past when I was trying to promote a community I barely took that seriously. Due to some drama that occurred today resulting in some pretty awful aftermath, I'm going to focus on other things, such as the opening of a new retro gaming forum community I'm planning on getting started by a few days' time (aptly named "Retro Gaming Talk") - I'm likely going to use phpBB since I find it most comfortable to use as an end user and quite powerful for a free forum. :)

I'm 17 years old, and autistic. As you may have guessed from that initial paragraph I do like my old games and such, I had a PAL SNES as my first console and grew up using XP and Vista for quite some time (and attached a lot of love as nostalgia more to Vista surprisingly - my favourite OS because it was such a big leap at the time and really good for the people who could handle it, shame it never got a 2nd chance after SP1). Wish I had my hands on a 98 or ME era machine though, will do someday I hope (ThinkPad T42?) :D

If you're name is Princess MeowsePad you will also know me, given you're like one of the only people who I still trust from my old circles tbh... :3

Hope to make some friends here and hopefully make up for the past 6 years that I've for the most part been unhappy and depressed for... :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ravenisawesome

Ravenisawesome Resident

+13
    Hello there! Once your retro gaming site launches I'd gladly join, I'm a retro gamer myself! I'm more of a Genesis fan though. :p Anyways hope you enjoy your stay here!

3. two50v

two50v Acquaintance

+7
    Mega Drive was pretty neat too. I actually prefer its sound chip capability over the SNES's (the "All Your Base" game - Zero Wing - is a brilliant example of the YM2612 being used well). It'd also probably be fairly easy to get in the UK compared to most retro consoles, I wouldn't mind getting one one day - preferably a Model 1 alongside the Master System adaptor thing that exists for the Model 1. :)

• Love Love x 1
  4. Aaron

Aaron Forum Sponsor Forum Sponsor

+315
    Welcome to FP :D

5. Malcolmjr96

Malcolmjr96 The Technical Girrafe

+361
    Hello there! welcome to FP! :)

6. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,298
    Hello, glad that you came back in very interested in doing what you love or like to do. So welcome to forum promotion ;)

7. two50v

two50v Acquaintance

+7

Heh, wondering what kinda forum structure would you think is appropriate for a retro gaming forum, though? IMO, something like this will be fine:

Announcements (forum news/info)
    Website Talk (help, suggestions and community talk)
    Staff Forum (the secret forum for staff)

General Chat (self explanatory)
    Entertainment (for media of any kind)

Retro Gaming (the general retro gaming discussion, for upto 7th gen)
    Mods & Homebrew (developing on old systems and modding older games - patches only for mods of course)
    Emulation (for emulating games and such now, non-legal ROM/ISO requests aren't allowed)
    Retro Devices (basically for computers and physical hardware related stuff)

Display Case (archived good stuff)
    The Landfill (recycle bin for bad stuff)

8. Cam

Cam Owner Administrator Owner

+1,044
    Hi, you said that you've had accounts here in the past, but you didn't mention any of your former aliases. If you've been around FP in the past, chances are we've met before. Anyways, it's a pleasure to have you back as a member of our community, and please let me know if you need anything. Welcome to FP!

I'm also a big fan of @Princess MeowsePad.

• Love Love x 1
  9. two50v

two50v Acquaintance

+7
    I don't want to mention them. They weren't banned or anything but there are some pretty pathetic people out there who get fun out of annoying me and I don't need anyone tracing me back.

Princess MeowsePad is a cutie :3

10. atpollard

atpollard New Arrival

+2
    I always preferrred the turn based strategy games to the “jump, punch, kick” games because I never had the coordination to jump, punch or kick ... so I just ran and died a lot. :(

I loved Lords of the Realms.
    Then once I had control of England, I would play Civilization to conquer the world and reach space.
    Then Master of Orion let me conquer the Galaxy.

The closest to an adventure game that I liked was X-Com, UFO Defense and the original Diablo.

11. Gio

Gio FP's Greek Ambassador Community Team Retired Admin

+681
    Welcome to the FP community!

12. Lämmchen

Lämmchen Up-and-Coming Sensation

+122
    Welcome! That Mods & Homebrew might lead people to think it's about brewing beer at home :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. two50v

two50v Acquaintance

+7
    Well, I eventually just made a single forum for retro gaming instead of having multiple sections for now - no need to bloat it out right away, I'll wait until enough threads on a particular area are made before I add a new forum to the list. I made a thread somewhere if you want the link to it, heh.

14. Kaynil

Kaynil Paragon Package Team Valued Contributor

+560
    Hi, @two50v and welcome back to Forum Promotion. I've been around for some years but I am not that much of a poster so it won't be a surprise if we haven't really crossed paths before. I hope you have an enjoyable experience.

And a retrogame community sounds pretty good. I guess the structure is up to your taste. Personally, I like the niche above the general talk, but really, whatever flows for you will be alright. I like that you are trying to wait before filling it with subsections.

I think a link to a FP thread should be fine here. You can also use your signature if you want for a direct link to your website which then would be available in every one of your posts.

15. two50v

two50v Acquaintance

+7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell Administrator Administrator

+1,006
    Welcome back to the forum. :)

17. Princess MeowsePad

Princess MeowsePad Chocolate Foot Princess Retired Admin

+1,069
    Pssh. I'm the president of the @Cam fan club.

Welcome aboard, Jamie. I'm glad that we are friends. :3

18. BestForums

BestForums Familiar Face

+21
    Welcome to FP. :)