Help and Tips to improve growth of VoxGrid!

_B_

Package Team
Package Team
Jun 15, 2020
UK
voxgrid.net
FP$
Hey. I've been posting around here for a little bit now and I'm really enjoying using FP. Really great community.
I have a general discussion forum's page called VoxGrid (more info here). This can be accessed through: www.voxgrid.net
I've hit 100 posts and 56 members in just over a month which is great. Quite happy. I would like my page to grow a bit more though. I currently have a £10 giveaway at the moment for the most active member (potentially might try and do this again if I can). I'm also trying some ways to advertise my site, not just on here but through my YouTube channel and Discord.
Anyone got tips and suggestions that could help me with my page. I get it's a gradual process but some suggestions would really be beneficial to me for future development.
Thank you :)

fantv

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
FP$
Promote VoxGrid on social media.
Create a facebook page for VoxGrid
Create a twitter handle
Create your own hashtag: #VoxGrid

• Useful
Reactions: _B_

Hungry Ego

Familiar Face
May 30, 2020
Canada
discussionhub.io
FP$
Create a twitter handle
the trouble with social media is getting the back on your actual site. A lot of people opt to just stay on facebook/twitter/insta/etc vs having a whole other signup process :/ .

If you find the secret formula to making a forum boom overnight please share the wealth with me!

_B_

Package Team
Package Team
Jun 15, 2020
UK
voxgrid.net
FP$
Create a twitter handle
Sorry for the late reply but these are some good thoughts. I am already doing the first one on my personal platforms which has worked out well. Definitely considering creating a twitter account for the site too.

the trouble with social media is getting the back on your actual site. A lot of people opt to just stay on facebook/twitter/insta/etc vs having a whole other signup process :/ .

If you find the secret formula to making a forum boom overnight please share the wealth with me!
That is a true and with some my users, what you said has occurred unfortunately. Hoping to grow a bit more and this might help them come back again, knowing that they are not talking to nobody lol.

Matthew

#WearAMask
Jun 28, 2010
StarScape Clan Citadel
FP$
Upon first glance, I see that 3 spam topics are listed as the most recent activity and they have been up for 5 hours+. I'd consider restricting what appears in this section to like a verified user group maybe? I know FP auto places new members into a separate user group after so many posts to allow them to use the promotion directory. Could do something similar? Spam is a big turn off though for me.

I also find the lack of dates/times on the home page to be disconcerting. I like to be able to look at the main page of a board and see which ones have new(er) posts and I'll check out those sections first.

Also, the big red bar at the top isn't very welcoming. Makes me think of an error bar. Might want to consider changing the color to be a tad more welcoming. Yellows are nice but still eye catching (yellow is also a color our eyes naturally gravitate towards.).

Finally, the logo makes no sense to me. I know it's supposed to be gamer based but I'm drawing blanks when looking at it. After several minutes of intense focus, I think it says GamerMob? Which isn't the name of the website. A lot of discourse there that just creates confusion.

It's not a bad looking forum overall though. The above are more issues I found as an outsider looking in. I try to go about feedback from a "if I stumbled on this website, what would turn me away from it" lens. The chatbox almost made the list but it only displays user posts made throughout the forum so I let it slide.

• Useful

_B_

Package Team
Package Team
Jun 15, 2020
UK
voxgrid.net
FP$
Nothing can boom overnight!
it takes time but still, you can go with paid promotions to boom your FP and traffic!
Thank you for the comment. I will be doing this stuff once I get some more revenue and also the time to commit to advertising further. I am quite busy with some other stuff atm but, will be keep this in mind.

Upon first glance, I see that 3 spam topics are listed as the most recent activity and they have been up for 5 hours+. I'd consider restricting what appears in this section to like a verified user group maybe? I know FP auto places new members into a separate user group after so many posts to allow them to use the promotion directory. Could do something similar? Spam is a big turn off though for me.

I also find the lack of dates/times on the home page to be disconcerting. I like to be able to look at the main page of a board and see which ones have new(er) posts and I'll check out those sections first.

Also, the big red bar at the top isn't very welcoming. Makes me think of an error bar. Might want to consider changing the color to be a tad more welcoming. Yellows are nice but still eye catching (yellow is also a color our eyes naturally gravitate towards.).

Finally, the logo makes no sense to me. I know it's supposed to be gamer based but I'm drawing blanks when looking at it. After several minutes of intense focus, I think it says GamerMob? Which isn't the name of the website. A lot of discourse there that just creates confusion.

It's not a bad looking forum overall though. The above are more issues I found as an outsider looking in. I try to go about feedback from a "if I stumbled on this website, what would turn me away from it" lens. The chatbox almost made the list but it only displays user posts made throughout the forum so I let it slide.
Thank you for taking your time to leave some feedback. It is much appreciated. I'll go through each of your points mentioned.
1) I have taken care of the spam topics and the user. I will be creating new roles to allow moderation of the forums very soon. I will see what I can do with the restriction user-groups. The reason I haven't done it yet is because there's not so many people posting at once so doesn't need to be controlled like that. This is actually the first time spam has occurred on the site like that.
2) I'll add in dates and times for the forumdisplay index page. Not immediately as I am working on something else atm.
3) I changed the colour of the announcement for guests.
4) GamerMob is actually a partner on our site. That banner was there for advertising. I'll add a note to mention that it's a partner as I can see that it is a little misleading.

Matthew

#WearAMask
Jun 28, 2010
StarScape Clan Citadel
FP$
I've actually added in the dates and times now. Didn't know why I didn't earlier but it's done now :)
Looks good! Now, I have expand on my earlier message. Now that I know the GameMob thing is a partner site, I noticed the actual logo of the website. It's kind of small compared to the space it's in. I feel like you're doing yourself a disservice by not having it pop more. I'm not a graphics person but I would work on the logo. Otherwise, I think you've got a nice looking forum like I said above (especially with the dates/times on the main forum page :p).

_B_

Package Team
Package Team
Jun 15, 2020
UK
voxgrid.net
FP$
Looks good! Now, I have expand on my earlier message. Now that I know the GameMob thing is a partner site, I noticed the actual logo of the website. It's kind of small compared to the space it's in. I feel like you're doing yourself a disservice by not having it pop more. I'm not a graphics person but I would work on the logo. Otherwise, I think you've got a nice looking forum like I said above (especially with the dates/times on the main forum page :p).
Yea that is a problem I am aware off and I am looking to sort out the logo soon once I am done with what I am already sorting out.