Hi, I'm Scooter. Feel free to ask me some things.

scooter

Reputable
FP$

Ozzy47

Package Team Leader
Package Team
Community Team
Gamma Premium
How long have you had your website(s) running?

scooter

Reputable
FP$
Why you have choosen this funny username?
First day on the track team in high school. I was a skinny little freshman geek; I had red hair and wire-rimmed glasses which I wore when I ran. The boys' and girls' team practiced together, which was a fairly recent development...so there was some of the usual showing off for the girls that was going on - although as new as I was, I was way too intimidated to do so.

This very pretty upper class girl walked over to the guys at one point and sort of brushed past the more "jock" guys there to come over to me. She was even taller than I was. My knees were about to start knocking together, until she said: "You know you look like Scooter?"

"Uh...like who?"

"You know - the muppet?"

The guys were now laughing themselves into hysterics, and I was pretty much stuck with that name from that point onward. Which was fine with me, actually, because it was rather, well, wholesome and not too derogatory. I mean, who wouldn't want to hang out with a guy named Scooter, right?

This actually predated the Internet by a lot, but it seemed to be the best thing to name myself once I did get on. The other name I used a lot was "Oriole" after my favorite baseball team. (I sometimes combine them as "Scooterbird".)

scooter

Reputable
FP$
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I'd love to be in the Caribbean. I think if I could settle on St. Lucia or the Virgin Islands or somewhere like that, I'd be fine for my days. I would miss baseball, though.

How long have you had your website(s) running?
Since April of last year for the forums. My company has recently entered its fourth year.

scooter

Reputable
FP$
Lot of these, but I'll see if I can get to them all...!

What time do you mostly get up?
Very late. 10 or 11. Comes from setting your own hours - and being a nightowl.

If you can buy Facebook, will you trade your forum ?
I'd change Facebook to look more like my forum. And then take the resultant money and whisk me and my loves off to the Caribbean to live (see above).

scooter

Reputable
FP$
What are you waiting for?
A lot of things in the past, but I'm not doing that any more. I've contacted a small business consultant for my businesses - emailed her over the weekend, so I'm hoping to meet, maybe on Zoom, later this week. As for other things...well, not so lucky there. The lawn service guy won't be available until Tuesday; my partner goes in for a colonoscopy that day, so I need to be there for her; the bank is still processing my paperwork to be added to my mother's accounts, which she cannot oversee any more; I've got three clients to get to this week but none of them are ready today; and our handyman hasn't yet come to install the new storm door. Oh, and of course, I have my online trivia game tonight, and I'll be running in person at the pub on Wednesday.

My other partner is performing on stage this weekend in Baltimore, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Did you have a treehouse as a kid?
No, but I did have a fort that I built in our crawl space. Dragged a work light and a carpet remnant back there and some books, and I was set.