Hi, I'm Scooter. Feel free to ask me some things.

scooter

Reputable
FP$
What Is Your Most Frequently Used Emoji?
:cool:

What is the first thing you notice in a person when you see them?
I don't know if there's a particular body part that I focus on. Perhaps the eyes. I tend to notice clothing; it's more of a statement about that person than their body would suggest, as it's more of a conscious choice.

Do you wear a watch?
I do sometimes, although right now my watch is in little bits; I'm repairing it and I haven't gotten around to putting it back together again. (Thanks for reminding me.)

scooter

Reputable
FP$
At this point, probably WTMD in Towson and WZBA, "100.7 The Bay!", broadcasting out of Westminster (though I understand their tower is in Owings Mills).

scooter

Reputable
FP$
Last meal you had?
Kung pao chicken (my go-to meal at Chinese restaurants) and some Thai wonton soup.

How many fingers do you use when you type on a computer keyboard?
I actually use all 10. Also, my hands are rather large, so I sometimes end up stretching them out in weird ways.

Do you like to read, if so, what?
I do, but I never seem to have the time. Mostly I enjoy non-fiction.

scooter

Reputable
FP$
What's your favorite tech device?
I would guess my phone, or laptop. It's funny, but even as someone in the IT industry, I don't usually use a lot of conspicuous tech. Most of the useful things I carry with me are things like flashlights, pens and pads, camp sets, tissues, knives, and tape measures. People seem surprised when I yank one out of my pocket.

Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?
For the most part, no, I don't think so. I like to know what I'm dealing with at any given time.

scooter

Reputable
FP$
What kind of people do you not like?
Broadly, people who lack imagination. There are an awful lot of people out there who cannot conceive of a world that's different than their own. They harbor this abject, unreasoning fear and loathing of what exists past their own mailbox, and anything new is automatically rejected without consideration. Much of the reason why I'm no longer in politics is that I felt that nobody was actually considering what I was saying: they're fine living with something that they know is wrong as long as it's somehow comforting for them.

What transport you take
My car, or I walk.

scooter

Reputable
FP$
What are 3 words that describe you best?
"Oh, that guy." ;)

Can you sing?
Yep. I'm a tenor, though I can tend down into high bari and have some usable falsetto, though not as much as I used to, I don't think. People have described my voice as very clear, so I tend toward crooning. Vintage and classic rock, old R&B, jazz, and showtunes.

I started singing in about 2001 or 2002. I was in a play in community theatre and found out after I'd gotten the part that there was a song in it. I told the director, "But I can't sing"; she said, "Just see how you do with it, and we'll go from there." So I just sang it, she listened, and said, "That. Just do that." And the other actors were saying, "Huh, I didn't know you could sing!" "...I can?"

If you were getting married, would you write your own vows?
Have been. And did. Each time.

scooter

Reputable
FP$
Have been. And did. Each time.
I'll point out that I've been married multiple times, but never divorced.

And if that doesn't prompt some questions, I'm not sure what will... :p