Hobbyist Updates

D

Deleted member 44219

Hello everyone. Today is the update for Version 1.0.3. Version 1.0.3 will introduce a new theme, refined icons, an easter egg, a new layout, boards into seperate categories and 2 new topics. I will update you on when it's released

Update
After shutting down Hobbyist and starting up a new forum that was essentially another tech forum, I've decided to bring back Hobbyist. The site is now open again if you want to join. Development is back on track again and Hobbyist will continue to grow. Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ash

Seasoned Veteran
Nov 14, 2012
London
aakashpereira.co.uk
FP$
I'm sorry to hear that and hopefully, we will see you with your next project very sorry. If you decide to start a new forum, come on over to the Brainstorming section. We can help you out with ideas and tips on things you can avoid next time :).

D

Deleted member 44219

I'm sorry to hear that and hopefully, we will see you with your next project very sorry. If you decide to start a new forum, come on over to the Brainstorming section. We can help you out with ideas and tips on things you can avoid next time :).
Thank you for the reply. I did enjoy doing something else for a change which was running a forum. I probably won't start a new forum for a few more years.

Empire

Confederation of lords
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Darn, see that site grow and seen Updates from your site and fro. The posts you made on fp then bang! Closed. Maybe should consider keeping it open bit just don't rush onto it and taken your time. Rather then full rush into it just taken it slow and steady. Might be an longer route but allot better option

D

Deleted member 44219

Darn, see that site grow and seen Updates from your site and fro. The posts you made on fp then bang! Closed. Maybe should consider keeping it open bit just don't rush onto it and taken your time. Rather then full rush into it just taken it slow and steady. Might be an longer route but allot better option
Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have rushed everything. Besides, the lack of registrations served as another part of the shutdown. I don't plan on bringing it back or giving it away. The site did have potential as well.

Ash

Seasoned Veteran
Nov 14, 2012
London
aakashpereira.co.uk
FP$
Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have rushed everything. Besides, the lack of registrations served as another part of the shutdown. I don't plan on bringing it back or giving it away. The site did have potential as well.
It's important to remember that your site won't magically become amazing. It takes time and effort. As someone who has done something in the past, it's important to remember to stick with something. You were only open for a while. With a bit of work, you could have got a lot more registrations.

D

Deleted member 44219

I’ve started a new forum: https://techo.boards.net

I’m going to make sure I learn from my mistakes that happened with Hobbyist. I will take time with updates and just accept it will take time to grow.

Empire

Confederation of lords
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Lack of registration doesn't bother me and or shouldn't be for yourself, I'm running a three year old site with 260 or so members so aren't that big. Taken me an year to get 100 members

D

Deleted member 44219

Started up Hobbyist again if you want to join.