Empire

Confederation of lords
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
D

Deleted member 44219

I had to message someone due to their behaviour. He responded with a post which you can read here:
https://hobbyistworld.createaforum.com/general-discussion/im-sorry
I would give him an warning point to his account and also to mention that having it public like that for everyone to read isn't an good idea, that conversation should be private between you and that member
My site currently doesn't have a warning system in place yet. Maybe in Version 1.1.0 there will be a warning system. As soon as the warning system does get added, I'll add 20 warning points for bad behaviour and 30 points for sharing a personal, Administrator to user.

I will delete the post now. Thanks for saying.

D

Deleted member 44219

After someone joined the forum, they wrote a post saying that the 'H'(Hobbyist Logo Version 1) didn't scream 'hobby' to them. So I decided to sketch some designs and I picked the first one. Since the first logo looked bland, I decided to add some colour to it. Each colour represents a part of Hobbyist and online communities, I've yet to decide what each colour means in the 2 categories that I mentioned that the colours represent.

Here is the new logo, hope you like it:

D

Deleted member 44219

The forum now has 100+ lifetime posts which is incredible even though there is only 7 users with registered accounts. I'm looking forward to further growth. :D

D

Deleted member 44219

That's some logo.. Don't see that on any forum lol
Yeah. I just picked the first sketch and then boom.
Interesting logo. I like the subtle gradients it has to on the letters.
Thank you. Since it was plain white, I figured I’d add some colour too it to make it more appealing. I also tried to make it a bit glossy(E.g. something like the glass version of Linux's mascot.) Which was the kind of design I was aiming for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shikata ga nai

sudo rm -rf /
May 22, 2011
FP$
Changes are always a good thing! I like the custom approach with the logo where each color means something. My biggest recommendation would be a TLD instead of a subdomain like the one you have as it's more brandable and memorable. Also, in today's time, a responsive theme is really important. The one you have now is not mobile friendly and with more and more users using mobile, it's important to dial in a responsive theme.

D

Deleted member 44219

Changes are always a good thing! I like the custom approach with the logo where each color means something. My biggest recommendation would be a TLD instead of a subdomain like the one you have as it's more brandable and memorable. Also, in today's time, a responsive theme is really important. The one you have now is not mobile friendly and with more and more users using mobile, it's important to dial in a responsive theme.
Hello there and thanks for the response. A TLD is not in my view just now but it may come in the future. I do agree with the mobile bit just now. I will try and invest some time into the mobile theme maybe around March - July. Somewhere around those months. The small userbase will most likely be using computers instead of mobile so waiting sometime before investing into mobile is probably a good idea unless the community starts to boom around that time in which a mobile theme will be necessary.

Thanks for the kind words about the logo too. I accept every single bit of feedback and criticism and take it to make it better.

Shikata ga nai

sudo rm -rf /
May 22, 2011
FP$
I would have a stroll on the SMF support site. I know they have a theme site where you can get themes. It's still important to cater to mobile clients. I would install tracking so you can analyze your traffic and get insight into your visitors. Data is important :) Good luck with the site!!

D

Deleted member 44219

I would have a stroll on the SMF support site. I know they have a theme site where you can get themes. It's still important to cater to mobile clients. I would install tracking so you can analyze your traffic and get insight into your visitors. Data is important :) Good luck with the site!!
My site is created using CreateAForum. Try searching it up. It does use SMF but I will probably have to make the themes from scratch. I don't want to switch hosts either just for the look of my forum.

EDIT:

I've just managed to get the site verified for Google Webmaster Tools. This should help me get more info into the sites performance and a bunch of other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shikata ga nai

sudo rm -rf /
May 22, 2011
FP$
I've just managed to get the site verified for Google Webmaster Tools. This should help me get more info into the sites performance and a bunch of other stuff.
That's a great start! Hopefully that will provide insight into your visitors so you can better manage features, changes and whatever else.

D

Deleted member 44219

That's a great start! Hopefully that will provide insight into your visitors so you can better manage features, changes and whatever else.
I hope it does. I also hope it increases the SEO a tiny bit. If I constantly check it every week then that could help.

D

Deleted member 44219

Our first monthly maintenance occurs tomorrow at 14:00(GMT, London UK). The maintenance will be on until 15:45.

A monthly maintenance is just to clear any spam posts/accounts, make sure security is running and that the whole website is in shape and running perfectly.

D

Deleted member 44219

The first monthly maintenance has finished. Everything is in working order and the site is secure. You are free to visit, post and sign up.