How do you feel about the new cPanel pricing structure?

ChrisGrigg

Administrator
Administrator
Jul 9, 2009
South Carolina
www.ushost247.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Like Badge
If you haven't heard about cPanel changing their pricing structure and implementing account caps, please look at the referenced link below.

I feel that this will be damaging to their business as a whole as many have already done so and others are stating they have an 800% cost hike due to their current licences they have with cPanel.

How do you feel about the pricing structure?

Jordan

█🍁█ Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
Red Diamond
Some companies are saying their expenses rose up to 800% after this.

I think one good thing to come out of this though, is we will no longer see "unlimited shared reseller for $1" hosts anymore.

Other than that, this price gauge is nuts.

Jordan

█🍁█ Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
Red Diamond

Jordan

█🍁█ Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
Red Diamond
Oh boy, I wonder how hard that's going to hit my VPS. InMotion hasn't said anything yet, so I guess I'll find out at renewal time. :oops:
So far, my vps's for my personal projects hasn't been effected yet.

Reactions: Elli

ChrisGrigg

Administrator
Administrator
Jul 9, 2009
South Carolina
www.ushost247.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Like Badge
I have always despised the restriction of accounts for resellers. Which is why we had our plans set the way we currently do. We only restricted by space allocation. Once more is released and hosts begin migrating and adapting their plans, I will be evaluating my plans as well and will have no option but to adapt to new prices or merge with a different panel. I have about lots of hosts migrating away from cPanel after this was announced.

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
This reminds me of the changes WHMCS made with their software pricing a couple years ago. All of these companies realize that they have a firm hold of the market, so they're trying to take advantage of that and get every dime they can. As a consumer, this is definitely irritating, but you can understand what they're doing. I'm hopeful we'll have an excellent cPanel alternative rise from these changes.

Reactions: ChrisGrigg

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
I understand why cPanel did what they did though like Cameron mentioned, as a consumer, this is rather irritating, and I can’t really see how this might help cloud platforms like DigitalOcean sell this software to consumers on their marketplaces.

Though, I’m excited they did this because this also gives control panels that aren’t as big to really step to their game and show consumers what they can do and possibly become the new cPanel; i think cPanel just gave some of these smaller control panels a chance and hopefully they see it and take it.

Jordan

█🍁█ Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
Red Diamond
This reminds me of the changes WHMCS made with their software pricing a couple years ago. All of these companies realize that they have a firm hold of the market, so they're trying to take advantage of that and get every dime they can. As a consumer, this is definitely irritating, but you can understand what they're doing. I'm hopeful we'll have an excellent cPanel alternative rise from these changes.
Just got even worst today.
Just got an email from WHMCS saying pricing changes. Seeing as WHMCS and cPanel got bought out, and cPanel did more price hikes, it was bound to happen to WHMCS too.

New WHMCS pricing:
1k clients $45/mo
2.5k clients $100/mo
5k clients $175/mo
10k clients $300/mo
50k clients $850/mo
100k clients $1k/mo
unlimited clients $1.3k/mo

To put it into perspective, unlimited clients is currently $45/m and jumping up to $1,300/m... The fuuuckkk.

And for those who owned an owned lifetime license, they no longer are supporting it and providing updates to them. They have to purchase a monthly package to continue. A lot of people on WHT are pissed.

Last edited:

ChrisGrigg

Administrator
Administrator
Jul 9, 2009
South Carolina
www.ushost247.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Like Badge
Just got even worst today.
Just got an email from WHMCS saying pricing changes. Seeing as WHMCS and cPanel got bought out, and cPanel did more price hikes, it was bound to happen to WHMCS too.

New WHMCS pricing:
1k clients $45/mo
2.5k clients $100/mo
5k clients $175/mo
10k clients $300/mo
50k clients $850/mo
100k clients $1k/mo
unlimited clients $1.3k/mo

To put it into perspective, unlimited clients is currently $45/m and jumping up to $1,300/m... The fuuuckkk.

And for those who owned an owned lifetime license, they no longer are supporting it and providing updates to them. They have to purchase a monthly package to continue. A lot of people on WHT are pissed.
I have an owned license and they can shove their support where it belongs. No way would I ever pay more than $50/month for whmcs.

Reactions: Jordan