How do you feel about the new cPanel pricing structure?

ChrisGrigg

Community Team Member
Community Team
Forum Sponsor
If you haven't heard about cPanel changing their pricing structure and implementing account caps, please look at the referenced link below.

I feel that this will be damaging to their business as a whole as many have already done so and others are stating they have an 800% cost hike due to their current licences they have with cPanel.

How do you feel about the pricing structure?

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
Some companies are saying their expenses rose up to 800% after this.

I think one good thing to come out of this though, is we will no longer see "unlimited shared reseller for $1" hosts anymore.

Other than that, this price gauge is nuts.

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
Oh boy, I wonder how hard that's going to hit my VPS. InMotion hasn't said anything yet, so I guess I'll find out at renewal time. :oops:
So far, my vps's for my personal projects hasn't been effected yet.

Reactions: Elli

ChrisGrigg

Community Team Member
Community Team
Forum Sponsor
I have always despised the restriction of accounts for resellers. Which is why we had our plans set the way we currently do. We only restricted by space allocation. Once more is released and hosts begin migrating and adapting their plans, I will be evaluating my plans as well and will have no option but to adapt to new prices or merge with a different panel. I have about lots of hosts migrating away from cPanel after this was announced.