How Do You Keep Up With Google

Ozzy47

Package Team Leader
Package Team
Community Team
Gamma Premium
It is very hard these days to have a forum SEO plan and stick with it. The reason it is hard is because Google is constantly changing the way it ranks websites in its search engine.

Now how do you all keep up with Google's changes and make sure you are doing everything you can to increase the ranking of your forum without harming it's SEO at all?
Opinions?
Thoughts?
Ideas?

Empire

President Of Fourm Promotion
Gamma Premium
I can't keep up, the fact is that I never even do much research and keep myself updated when it comes to what is new in the world of SEO. I'm pretty much bad at it to the point that I rather hire someone who has far more knowledge and knows what he/she is doing. Even then it's none stop work, it's something that can take years to get going you know.

If you have the basics updated and done then at least you are on the road to something positive in the future. As long as your scores are good, then I'm happy :) I see most keep good scores than anything else. Also to mention that who really care about SEO on their forum/blog anyway. If you are running a forum that has very good activities and active members, then I doubt that they will bother with SEO.

You can spend $500 or maybe $5.000 for nothing and see no difference, I mean I would rather have three active members than not spending that amount. Free can be done, yet expect time, just so many hours of work each year and time.

Head over to https://seositecheckup.com/ and see what your results are, I have not done my end in good two years and also I have not done anything for it, meaning no work at all.. Shocking for me... YET, 78% is still damn good since I have none nothing in two years.

dsdsdsds.JPG

Seems that I have some list of things that I do need to work on ;)

Cumulus

Paragon
Marketing Team
Head over to https://seositecheckup.com/ and see what your results are, I have not done my end in good two years and also I have not done anything for it, meaning no work at all.. Shocking for me... YET, 78% is still damn good since I have none nothing in two years.
The thing about sites like these is they often give a false-positive. I.e: The score is how SEO'able you are (not a word but should be), not how high you are ranking.

The biggest indicators for ranking, backlinks, domain authority, meta and community marketing/social signals all stay the same so having these at the core of your SEO plan will never fail you and always improve your rankings.

Carlos X

Addicted
You don't. At least, I don't. I sometimes catch new ways of reaching more users via major updates like https, Mobile Viewing, which both is favored by Google. I jumped on the Tapatalk bandwagon because I saw a lot of large sites using it, and learned that the platform itself has an ecosystem. Then more companies are doing it. Hell, even xenForo made it a point to focus and zero on that right from the get-go while vBulletin goes the other way - the separate app. Ugh, so stupid. 🙄 Anyway, on top of having the software be mobile ready, they also looked at PWA, which is supported by Google and Microsoft.

Just let your forum sit there if your forum is xenForo. You don't need to do much, besides maintaining your board, marketing it, and keeping up with updates. Let Google do their thing.

prophpbb

Familiar Face
FP$
It is very hard these days to have a forum SEO plan and stick with it. The reason it is hard is because Google is constantly changing the way it ranks websites in its search engine.

Now how do you all keep up with Google's changes and make sure you are doing everything you can to increase the ranking of your forum without harming it's SEO at all?
Opinions?
Thoughts?
Ideas?
Simple. Don’t cheat their system or over think it - chances are your website will be penalised. Ranking doesn’t happen overnight, it can take months to years to decades depending on a number of factors. Ensuring your robots.txt file is blocking certain directories like /login/ or /adm/ etc will also prevent any errors.

Uncrowned Guard

Familiar Face
FP$
Thankfully a lot of Google's changes have been focused on removing the manual SEO setup parts and focusing on content to generate search results. Which does make life a lot easier. Anymore I generally just let my software provider do the SEO tools and Google sorts everything else out with my content. Thankfully content has overtaken SEO tactics in terms of rankings in many cases.