• Hello Guest, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our email system. Please expect a delay in email delivery.

How many credit cards do you have?

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
Here's a pretty basic topic. How many credit cards do you guys have?

I know there's a negative stigma attached to credit cards at times, but a lot of companies offer some fantastic benefits, especially when you have a good credit score.

Personally, I have five different credit cards. No, I'm not drowning in debt or anything like that. I completely pay all of them off each month. I just use different credit cards based on whatever benefit is offered. For example, I have a credit card that gives me 3% back on dining, another credit card that gives me 3% back on gas, and more.

How about you guys?

D

Deleted member 7467

I have 932k in credit card debt just on Best Buy.

ZandraJoi

Package Team Leader Assistant
Package Team
Don't have any. When my husband & I went to buy our first house 20 some years ago, we weren't approved for the loan even tho we had a good chunk of money to put down (we both saved a lot). So we had to get a credit card, put stuff on it, moved to a trailer for a few months to pay "rent" to prove to them that we could afford it. Irony.
& yes, we don't have the best of credit BECAUSE we pay for things with cash. But, we are also debt free.

D

Deleted member 7467

I have 932k in credit card debt just on Best Buy.
Just in case anyone thinks I’m serious, I am not. I have a few store cards for rewards and opened one at beginning of covid for any “ohh shit” moments. Be responsible with credit folks.

sprite1950

Reputable
I have one but I've never used it as I'm more of a pay as you go person. I would use it in an emergency but at this point in my life I have no debts and it's a great feeling. Some of my friends owe hundreds of pounds on theirs but I wouldn't sleep at night if it was me.

Cumulus

Paragon
Marketing Team
I have two credit cards, one for emergencies and another I use actively which builds points & loyalty miles with airlines - I love to travel so this is a great perk for me!

As long as you pay them off monthly, credit cards can give some great rewards

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
When I was a teenager and worked at a department store, the best advice given to me by my co-workers was to apply for my very own credit card. Women need to have their own line of credit to build upon and not rely on a husband. I was off to a great start with that very first credit card. I kept it until the store closed.

Since then I haven't had cards solely in my name because right now I'm not employed so I wouldn't get approved on my own anyway. But to answer the question of the topic, I have absolutely no clue off the top of my head how many we have. You see, my husband used to collect credit cards because some of them had really cool images on the front! LOL That's when we were young! When we went to buy our second home we were told that the banks would see all those credit cards and hesitate to approve us because what if we went on a mass spending spree? What saved us was paying off our balances on any that we used when we got the bill.

Having too many credit cards can hurt you. So can having too little. You have to look at your income and how much credit is being given to you on each card and then compare to see if a bank would be frightened or not :D

We've since eliminated a lot of those cards and some just died out but remained on our credit report for a long time.

Empire

President Of Fourm Promotion
Gamma Premium
I do not like credit cards, I had many options and letters from the bank about credit and loans and interests fee, you get so much back and what they offer for first-time buyers and the list goes on, Lucky that I just use my debit card (not like I have thousands) that's just as easy to pay for things and at a low cost of paying nothing afterwards that the bank loves to eat away from you.

The less that I pay the bank the better. Banks are like your local robbers :p For most of my life, cash in hand payment is me, then again my family are like that. I wish I had far more money though.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
I have ZERO credit cards. The last one I paid was in 2019 after I filed for divorce. Throughout the 11 years of my marriage my ex wife managed to get herself in over $18 thousand dollar of debt consisting of student loans and credit cards. She took out credit cards in my name and in her name and ran them up and wouldn't pay them. So I am relieved that I got my cards all paid off.

BrolySSJ

New Arrival
FP$
Here's a pretty basic topic. How many credit cards do you guys have?

I know there's a negative stigma attached to credit cards at times, but a lot of companies offer some fantastic benefits, especially when you have a good credit score.

Personally, I have five different credit cards. No, I'm not drowning in debt or anything like that. I completely pay all of them off each month. I just use different credit cards based on whatever benefit is offered. For example, I have a credit card that gives me 3% back on dining, another credit card that gives me 3% back on gas, and more.

How about you guys?
I actually do not have a credit card. What i prefer to do is that instead i use my debit card. This ensures that there is not point where i am using funds that are not available to me at the time and ensures that i stay within my budget as well. sometimes with a credit card you can be tempted to spend money that you don't have and this is how people wind up in debt and have financial concerns. Therefore i choose to stay away from credit cards as a whole.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
I actually do not have a credit card. What i prefer to do is that instead i use my debit card. This ensures that there is not point where i am using funds that are not available to me at the time and ensures that i stay within my budget as well. sometimes with a credit card you can be tempted to spend money that you don't have and this is how people wind up in debt and have financial concerns. Therefore i choose to stay away from credit cards as a whole.

What happens when your debit card gets compromised and your entire funds gets wiped out through theft? It happens quite a bit and the bank won't reimburse you. But a credit card, once someone steals your information, depending on the bank terms, you might not be responsible for any of the faulty purchases at all.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
I don’t have any credit cards. I don’t really like them but used properly, they’re a very useful tool.

Strive to get at least once to boost your credit score which will be useful in the future for buying a car or a house. I was told when I was a teenager working in a department store that the best decision I could make was to get the store's credit card and start building my credit. It was awesome advice because it helped me get a house with my husband. We needed both credit scores to be high.