How serious are you guys with SEO and Internet Marketing?

nYXem

New Arrival
Jul 21, 2021
FP$
SEO is at the very core of running a website. In one way or the other, it has been so since the beginning of the internet.
I know FP has been around for a pretty long time and seems like a place where webmasters (specifically forum owners) participate and promote their creation. However, I don't see too many people discussing SEO or sharing their knowledge.
Don't get me wrong. Perhaps you guys are doing just fine with this forum or your own.
But don't you think you're missing out on the second best source of web traffic (the first being word of mouth)?

Xyphien

Addicted
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
SEO is where I succeed at. My largest forum hit just under 40k members because it was first in around 4-5 high volume key words and first page with several others. One of my companies main things is building back links for clients :) imho if you have good enough SEO it's far better than word of mouth, though word of mouth does build natural backlinks to your site I do think having high quality SEO can out rank WoM in the long run.

nYXem

New Arrival
Jul 21, 2021
FP$
That's great, well done!
I absolutely that high-quality SEO gets you more traffic. That's the reason I said word of mouth is the "best" source of traffic, not the largest. For most websites, SEO (and in recent times, social media for some) is usually the largest source of traffic.
Word of mouth is the most reliable as it doesn't depend on third-party algorithms and changes in those. You have a solid user base that will be with you no matter what search engines think of your website.
I hope you get my point.
But getting word of mouth popularity is extremely difficult. Hence, SEO is the best option most of us have.