How spoiled should kids be?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Jason76, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Package Team Member Package Team

+380
    Being a little bratty is somewhat normal. Nonetheless, kids/teens who are just constantly pampered and never corrected just don't turn out right (I mean as in good, not necessarily right-wing.). But anyway, I would want to differentiate kids that are lazy, maybe cause of the parents, from ones that are just brats, not lovable slacker types.

2. Soopairik

Soopairik Reputable

+44
    Not spoiled.

3. Bryn

Bryn Paragon

+196
    They should never be spoilt. That's how they become criminals in the later life.

4. Jason76

+380
    How so?

Why?

5. Bryn

Bryn Paragon

+196
    Because parents should not let their kids do whatever they want, as that's how they become unruly little shits over time. What more can I say?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Jason76

+380
    Yeah, I've even seen this in families where it seems strict. For some reason, certain kids/teens have no respect for the rights of others.

I think the problem, though it seems cliche, is elitism. In fact, the parents believe they own everyone - and so do the kids.

7. Soopairik

Soopairik Reputable

+44
    Trump.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Fiona1964

Fiona1964 Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+197
    My kids were never spoilt . they helped around the house and earned pocket money
    I paid for things they needed and they saved for things they wanted and my daughters are doing the same with their children
    Mine even had parttime jobs when in school

• Like Like x 1
  9. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Powered by Starbucks

+83
    If you have the means to provide and give kids things they want and enjoy, I say do it. Let them have and enjoy now before they are thrust into the cold and cruel adult world.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Jason76

+380
    Not if they don't learn to appreciate it first.

11. Jason76

+380
  12. DanS

DanS Up-and-Coming Sensation

+27
    Kids should be raised smart, healthy and respectful. If their stinkin' rich parents give them the IPhone X for their birthday or give them £400 for to spend on anything then the parents should be ashamed of themselves. If I ever have kids, I am making sure they are smart, healthy and respectful.

13. Jerlene

Jerlene Collecting FP$ Administrator

+387
    Four of my nieces and nephews are incredibly spoiled. Now they feel like they're entitled. Children need to be regulated.

14. tdbnz

tdbnz Reputable

+42
    Kids should be given gifts for Birthdays & Christmas and may be the old gift or thing they need through out the year

15. DanS

+27
    I would never spoil my kids if I ever have any. Spoiled kids act like they are king or queen.

16. Soopairik

Soopairik Reputable

+44
    Okay, but there's a difference between "spoiler kid" and "rich kid." Not the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. DanS

+27
    Yes there is a small difference. A rich kid probably has parents with high paying jobs and their parents give them a ton of money while still having lots of money left. A spoiled kid has parents that just don't care about responsibility, love their kid to bits and just give them anything they like. These kids get a lot of things that are probably useless to them.

Thats my view and take on it anyway.

18. Azareal

Azareal Paragon

+146
    I don't think rich people like spoiled kids any-more than anyone else does, if anything, they seem to be quite strict a lot of the time.
    Although, do keep in mind that there is a difference between strict and being one of those "helicopter parents".

19. Jason76

+380
    In my experience, there were two teen boys who acted rudely on a vacation (beach) - one that most poor kids cannot afford. Anyway, teens are normally a little mean - but it strikes me as being spoiled in this situation. Their dad was one of those types who makes a doctor's salary.

But, it could be argued, the parents were the type that forced their kids to do things. I mean, they (the kids) were mad cause they were forced to go and bored. But, bored on a vacation? I don't get it. Just sounds like spoiled brats.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  20. DanS

+27
    The thing about spoiled kids is that they brag in front of their friends and family. It's annoying and cringey. I know this person and just last week, he came up to me and said "Hey look! I've got an IPhone X!" and I was thinking to myself "God end us all.". I didn't care about the IPhone X anyway. It's overpriced and just shows that people don't care about the price. They just want the new thing so they don't get called a 'Peasant'. I'm fine with my IPhone 6. I will be moving to a Samsung soon because Apple is just greedy.