How to keep your users posting?

metamorphie

New Arrival
Aug 28, 2017
FP$
What would be a good way to keep your users active? I think that this is probably the real test for any forum manager since the more activity a forum has the most likely are people to be interested in joining and participating.

Reactions: bomb

daulapis.a

Familiar Face
Feb 2, 2017
FP$
Dont forget to add some fresh content and keep it up to date, these are 2 most important steps usually.

bomb

Familiar Face
Jun 19, 2017
www.comradepower.com
FP$
  • Have more fresh content. And try to have leading questions.
  • Questions that will prompt members to answer.
  • Learn about copywriting and SEO friendly Titles on your thread. This will attract more orgnanic traffic from Search engines.
  • Check your niche on active groups on facebook. See what most people want to talk about. Create threads in that line / field.

Gus

Keep me posted.
Jan 15, 2017
FP$
Quote (& @mention) your members posts and ask them questions about what they said. It really works.

InMyOpinion

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
FP$
There are plenty of ways to keep your members posting. Some of them being, continuing to create new content every day (don't overly do it though). Make them feel welcomed, appreciated and valued. Get rid of spam as soon as it happens, make sure everyone on your forum gets along and it is a positive atmosphere.

Don't forget to make it a point to build rapport with each and every one of your members, that will keep them coming back as well.

B

Bryn

I do my best to keep them posting by updating certain threads and making new ones too, when I have the drive for them that is. Oh, and if I ever set up any contests too (which I haven't done yet, but have considered it).

InMyOpinion

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
FP$
I do my best to keep them posting by updating certain threads and making new ones too, when I have the drive for them that is. Oh, and if I ever set up any contests too (which I haven't done yet, but have considered it).
I have noticed that members will posts when there is a contest going on however, once the contest ends so does all the posting.

Corzhens

Addicted
May 13, 2017
FP$
I have seen a local forum grow from 6 active posters to a hundred active members after several months. Maybe the regularity of activity had attracted new members. New threads are important but replies are also important. The mods and admin are friendly to everyone and most of the posts are positive. And they call the members family. That's just a name but it gives an emotional advantage to the members.

SolviturC

Reputable
May 30, 2018
A field of cotton candy
FP$
We create new content weekly, if not daily. If they have threads to respond to they eventually will. Not everything sticks, but hey, if 'ts not there they won't post at all.
We also award people via Trophy Points and Medals for posting.

Start and open discussion. Really respond to what they posted, be it a status update or answer your question.

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
This is a theory, but one I've seen it met several times, but. Users like fast responses and to feel like other people are actually, well, there.

I've been on one custom big board where users completely lost it when they removed the per-topic who's online thing, something you'd think would be inconsequential, but caused a lot of complaints.