How to keep your users posting?

Discussion in 'Promotion Tricks & Help' started by metamorphie, Aug 28, 2017.

1. metamorphie

metamorphie New Arrival

+1
    What would be a good way to keep your users active? I think that this is probably the real test for any forum manager since the more activity a forum has the most likely are people to be interested in joining and participating.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin Paragon

+56
    The more active topic and more discussions will help members sign up and take part. Keeping a forum active is very important for more members and popularity.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SarahGirl

SarahGirl Acquaintance

+6
    Active topics, fresh content, acknowledging your members is important, make them apart of what your trying to accomplish

4. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,806
    have an good looking forum and allot of new active content. in my case isn't easy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mozz

Mozz Resident

+53
    Yeah keeping i up to date is a good thing

6. Jason76

Jason76 Packager Package Team

+316
    Letting them have a signature could give certain ones a strong motivation to post. However, though, some people might argue it leads a spammy atmosphere.

7. daulapis.a

daulapis.a Familiar Face

+3
    Dont forget to add some fresh content and keep it up to date, these are 2 most important steps usually.

8. biztalk.co.ke

biztalk.co.ke Familiar Face

+7
    • Have more fresh content. And try to have leading questions.
    • Questions that will prompt members to answer.
    • Learn about copywriting and SEO friendly Titles on your thread. This will attract more orgnanic traffic from Search engines.
    • Check your niche on active groups on facebook. See what most people want to talk about. Create threads in that line / field.

9. flametiger

flametiger New Arrival

+2
    Based on my experience, you should add new contents once a while. Sometimes the off topic discussion will generate more activity than your forum niche.

10. tgtwizted

tgtwizted New Arrival

+1
    Keep posting fresh/new content and keep conversations in established topics active.

11. Jason76

+316
    A few charismatic regulars are a huge advantage. It's just like with a TV sitcom.

12. Gus

Gus Keep me posted.

+167
    Quote (& @mention) your members posts and ask them questions about what they said. It really works.

13. InMyOpinion

InMyOpinion Up-and-Coming Sensation

+16
    There are plenty of ways to keep your members posting. Some of them being, continuing to create new content every day (don't overly do it though). Make them feel welcomed, appreciated and valued. Get rid of spam as soon as it happens, make sure everyone on your forum gets along and it is a positive atmosphere.

Don't forget to make it a point to build rapport with each and every one of your members, that will keep them coming back as well.

14. Bry89

Bry89 Resident

+77
    I do my best to keep them posting by updating certain threads and making new ones too, when I have the drive for them that is. Oh, and if I ever set up any contests too (which I haven't done yet, but have considered it).

15. InMyOpinion

InMyOpinion Up-and-Coming Sensation

+16
    I have noticed that members will posts when there is a contest going on however, once the contest ends so does all the posting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Jason76

+316
    Stuff catering to politics can always get a lot of free posts - assuming it's marketed a little - at the least.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  17. Corzhens

Corzhens Addicted

+76
    I have seen a local forum grow from 6 active posters to a hundred active members after several months. Maybe the regularity of activity had attracted new members. New threads are important but replies are also important. The mods and admin are friendly to everyone and most of the posts are positive. And they call the members family. That's just a name but it gives an emotional advantage to the members.

18. SolviturC

SolviturC Familiar Face

+15
    We create new content weekly, if not daily. If they have threads to respond to they eventually will. Not everything sticks, but hey, if 'ts not there they won't post at all.
    We also award people via Trophy Points and Medals for posting.

Start and open discussion. Really respond to what they posted, be it a status update or answer your question.

19. MrDangem

MrDangem Reputable

+44
    I agree most of the time people tend to post on off topic than the niche.

20. Azareal

Azareal Paragon

+112
    This is a theory, but one I've seen it met several times, but. Users like fast responses and to feel like other people are actually, well, there.

I've been on one custom big board where users completely lost it when they removed the per-topic who's online thing, something you'd think would be inconsequential, but caused a lot of complaints.