How you are promoting your forum ?

NomanProdhan

Familiar Face
May 16, 2015
FP$
I believe that we can't get active member in our forum without promotion. But I think than we will also need to have unique and interesting content in our forum to get new active members. However, I have made this thread to list all of our promoting method. I hope you guys will share your promoting tricks and methods. Here I start...

I am promoting my forum on Social Media sites and forum signature. currently I am just using this two methods for promoting my community forum. Let me know your methods...

Shawn

Resident
Jan 27, 2010
Illinois - USA
www.anotheradminforum.com
FP$
At the moment, I mainly focus on word-of-mouth advertising as well as paid advertising on social media.

Some forums it works, Facebook ads, that is while others doesn't work as much. For my storm spotting forum, Facebook has been my primary source of traffic because it is easy to target audiences into meteorology there.

Forum admins are hard to target on Facebook for my admin forum. I'm having to experiment a lot in that area which I find fun and challenging nonetheless plus it allows me to create articles on it later on down the road :D

NomanProdhan

Familiar Face
May 16, 2015
FP$
Shawn said:
At the moment, I mainly focus on word-of-mouth advertising as well as paid advertising on social media.

Some forums it works, Facebook ads, that is while others doesn't work as much. For my storm spotting forum, Facebook has been my primary source of traffic because it is easy to target audiences into meteorology there.

Forum admins are hard to target on Facebook for my admin forum. I'm having to experiment a lot in that area which I find fun and challenging nonetheless plus it allows me to create articles on it later on down the road :D
Social bookmarking sites always play an important role to get traffic. As I told above, I am also promoting my forum via social bookmarking sites. But its really not very easy to promote a community forum on several social bookmarking sites alone. Its really hard as I am realizing nowadays.

Are you promoting your site alone ? or do you have some staffs ??

Shawn

Resident
Jan 27, 2010
Illinois - USA
www.anotheradminforum.com
FP$
I usually promote alone. Rarely can I find others who want to take up the job of promotion unless it is something I pay them for. However, word of mouth promotion from members still takes place. My larger forum with 7,500+ members is a better example of where members help out a bit with promotion but I still do the blunt of it all.

cpvr

Resident
Feb 3, 2011
www.virtualpetlist.com
FP$
NomanProdhan said:
I believe that we can't get active member in our forum without promotion. But I think than we will also need to have unique and interesting content in our forum to get new active members. However, I have made this thread to list all of our promoting method. I hope you guys will share your promoting tricks and methods. Here I start...

I am promoting my forum on Social Media sites and forum signature. currently I am just using this two methods for promoting my community forum. Let me know your methods...
Are you using hashtags on your social media accounts? A forum signature won't really help out a lot unless you write guides, help users and be friendly to a lot of people. Writing blogs or guides on other websites can help you promote your forum as well. What's your monthly traffic like right now? Is your forum optimized for seo?

NomanProdhan

Familiar Face
May 16, 2015
FP$
cpvr said:
NomanProdhan said:

Are you using hashtags on your social media accounts? A forum signature won't really help out a lot unless you write guides, help users and be friendly to a lot of people. Writing blogs or guides on other websites can help you promote your forum as well. What's your monthly traffic like right now? Is your forum optimized for seo?
Yes, I am using hash tag for my site. You are right that we will need to share useful content or need to help people to get traffic via our signature advertising. For me I am getting nearly 1k unique visits daily and yeah I have doing SEO for my site. But I am not sure if everything is fine for me. Because I am not an expert of SEO. I am just learning it. What about your site ? How much traffic are you getting ??

Cierra

Retired Staff
Feb 2, 2013
FP$
The methods I currently use are word of mouth, social media (Twitter and Facebook for now), promotion/advertising forums, competitions/contests, forum signatures, paid advertisements and affiliating. I try to look for new/unique promotion ideas frequently too... like flyers, tshirts, business cards, etc.

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
xXDarwinXx said:
I used word of mouth, banner adverts, signature adverts and social media promotion. All worked quite well :)
Me too! That's the way I normally do my advertisement