I have never been so proud of myself

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Well, we all know that there are form builders, content management systems, and similar codebases that allow you to manage a diverse number of content types.
There's systems for products, people/staff/customer management, etc. However, I wanted to create something different. So, I went ahead and made a GUI that allows me to rapidly deploy .... ANYTHING. This tool basically lets me decide the feature names and put in some settings for how the feature should work. I can decide all of the form elements & columns, and even sanitize the data with a drop down menu.

In this example I decided to create a puppy management feature that lets me input the puppy's name, some basic details about the dog & owner, and their service request.
This was done quickly with all of the pages generated for me.

I have spent over 2 weeks developing this rapid deployment feature builder so that we can instantly generate features & modules in our core Wubur Repo system for any client. We can use this tool to have the baseline for literally anything. For example, I have used this feature builder to generate more complex modules like knowledge bases, messaging, and more. By default the feature builder constructs many things in the system automatically!
  1. Permission settings in database for each action (view, view all, delete, edit, create) ~ With a GUI permission setting page per role
  2. Class file with some default functions
  3. Create controller / view / $Class->create() function
  4. Delete controller / view / $Class->delete() function
  5. Edit controller / view / $Class->edit() function
  6. Database table to store the data w/ all valid column settings
  7. JS validation / sanitizing for each field
  8. PHP validation / sanitizing for each field
  9. View All list page
  10. View page
All of these are custom files that can be edited specifically for the feature - without affecting other generated features.

It could take hours to write a puppy intake form management tool from scratch, but in this example I do it in mere minutes.
Check it out :)

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Lämmchen

Lämmchen

Addicted
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Nice job! The end result when populated looked clean and precise and it's good you can easily go back in and change anything in a flash.

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
A UUID is a 128 bit number, not a string like that, i'd suggest changing it to slug.
What is a UUID:
What is a slug:
Yes, i just use the term loosely on this but its really just a unique slug ID.

It's really just a UID in the system. Good call though, I'll make this more clear

Last edited: