Im getting a new desktop, help me!

Discussion in 'Computers & The Internet' started by Midnight, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Midnight

Midnight Seasoned Veteran

+0
    Hi there,

Im getting a new desktop just or myself, its gonna be put in my room lol :)

I reall wanted an Imac but the prices are wayyyyy over my budget! I found a reburbished one on studentcomputers.com. Its got a 250gb, which is good enough just for myself. here it is: http://www.studentcomputers.co.uk/Apple ... 71247.html

Do you think it looks good? Is it worth it? Thanks for all the advice!

2. Watch Me Sink

Watch Me Sink Madly Diligent

+0
    For the price, yeah it's nice, but for a hundred pounds more you can get a current generation one with more RAM, more HDD space, current OS and a faster processor. If you're tight on cash, get the older one. If not, you can get a better one on Apple that is refurbished.

3. Midnight

+0
    Could you give me some links please :) +rep

4. bagelfoot

bagelfoot Up-and-Coming Sensation

+0
    I have a windows vista HP pavilion entertainement PC and it runs great :) personally i dont like mac.

5. Watch Me Sink

+0
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac
    Check often. Around Christmas they had a ton of great stuff, and everything was in stock, but the stuff gets bought up fast.
    Also don't pay extra for better shipping. From the first link I assume you live in the UK, but despite this, you should get your computer within a few days of ordering. I got an iPod in 36 hours (actually 24 with the time change) when they shipped it from Taiwan. It actually arrived in California local time before it was sent local time (ie sent 10AM Taiwan time, arrived in LA 8AM California time). Computers take maybe a day extra at the most.

6. Midnight

+0
    Ok, I think the computer on the actuall Apple website are out of my range. I think im going to get the one I first posted :)

7. Justin M

Justin M Paragon

+0
  8. Callum93

Callum93 Madly Diligent

+0
    That computer looks alright to me and probably fits your needs, I'd recommend a laptop myself but that computer looks ok to me.

9. Kino

Kino Captain Awesome. Retired Admin

+79
    Buy a regular computer, Apples are lame.

10. Watch Me Sink

+0
    Wrong, pears are lame.

11. Nuke

Nuke Paragon

+0
    You stole my words lol.

12. Kashike

Kashike Paragon

+0
    Exactly.

13. Midnight

+0
  14. NBK*Twitch

NBK*Twitch Seasoned Veteran

+1
  15. ADragon

ADragon Resident

+0
    mac is great for editing software and stuff windows isnt i favor to mac for that but other thn that not really

16. thedudeman

thedudeman Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+3
    Guys, can we not turn this into a Mac vs. PC topic? I'm sure Midnight is perfectly aware that there are PCs out there, and I think we all can get from his first post he wants a Mac. There's a sticky on this board for debating about Mac vs. PC.

Thanks!