IM SO RAGING!! HOW COULD SHE!

Discussion in 'Intellectual Talk' started by ChrisGrigg, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ChrisGrigg

ChrisGrigg Community Team Member Community Team Forum Sponsor

+256
    (CNN) -- A video apparently showing a young woman throwing live puppies into a river has sparked outrage across the Internet.
    And now it has also led to an animal rights group offering a bounty for the arrest of the people behind it.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has offered a reward for information leading to the capture and arrest of the people behind what it calls a "heinous act" of cruelty.
    "Animal abusers are cowards," PETA Manager Martin Mersereau said in a news release announcing the $2,000 reward. "They take their issues out on the most defenseless beings available to them."
    In the video, a girl in a red hooded sweatshirt is seen throwing at least six puppies into a fast-moving river.
    She appears to speak Croatian, while repeatedly picking live animals from a bucket and throwing the squealing puppies into the water. It's not clear what eventually happened to them.
    CNN could not independently verify the authenticity of the video.
    The tape was originally posted on YouTube, but was quickly pulled down. It is still widely available online and has gone viral, with sites such as LiveLeak.com registering more than 1.3 million views of the footage.
    Watch video on LiveLeak.com
    Web users have banded together on sites like 4chan.org to help identify the woman and the off-camera man who filmed it.
    PETA says that clues in the video and the original post indicate that it may have been filmed near the Vrbas River in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
    A facebook page dedicated to helping track them down had more than 7,000 people sign up since the video was posted Monday.
    Users of the 4chan.org site have been in the news recently for identifying the person behind a similar incident involving a British woman caught on a security camera throwing a cat in a trash can last week.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Seasoned Veteran

+0
    That is vile. She really should have the same done to her.

3. ChrisGrigg

+256
    My mouth dropped when I saw that...I can't believe people can be so cruel.

4. Jonathan

+0
    It is horrible. Unfortunately there's even worse stories though. Some people think that animals' lives are less important than their own. People like this are utterly useless to humanity and need to be told that.

5. ChrisGrigg

+256
    Yes, I do know there are more horrible things that happen out there. Animals have a right to live as well as humans. We are animals too and I just don't see why some believe they can take the animals right to live and throw it out the window..

6. Jonathan

+0
    Yep. Sometimes with intelligence, comes arrogance and ignorance. And humans happen to be (the way we see it, at least) the most intelligent of the animals out there.

7. swood

swood Paragon

+0
    That is seriously disgusting. How could anyone be so cruel? She won't get the punishment she deserves, she'll probably only get a couple years in prison, if that. I seriously hope i'm wrong tho.

8. ChrisGrigg

+256
    I hope she gets 3+ years for each puppy.

9. Jonathan

+0
    She should get doubled the life expectancy of each puppy added up.

10. Mr. Duck

Mr. Duck Seasoned Veteran

+0

im thinking 10 for each one

11. Princess MeowsePad

Princess MeowsePad Chocolate Foot Princess Retired Admin

+1,068
    This makes me sad. :(

12. StripesAndFins

StripesAndFins Madly Diligent

+1
    I have heard about this on numerous forums, and the first time I heard it i cried. i can't believe anyone could be so heartless as to do this.

How you want to be she'll plea that she has mental issues and get even less?

13. Cam

Cam Owner Administrator Owner

+1,044
    She's a murderer. Plain and simple.
    That makes me sick. Poor puppies.

14. InfiniteJest

InfiniteJest Paragon

+0
    If she doesn't face a severe punishment by the Govt, she'll get an even worse one from the 4chan.org users. They're ruthless and can ruin lives.

15. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Reputable

+0
    Urgh...
    I hate how people can be so cruel!

I would have gladly accepted at least one of the puppies...

16. Darthmaul

Darthmaul Goldbergstein

+4
    Wow, someone needs to end her

17. Watch Me Sink

Watch Me Sink Madly Diligent

+0
    "Human abusers are cowards" Kirisute Gomen said in a reply on ForumPromotion.net. "They take their extreme views on animal rights to infringe on human rights. How they can try to stop the research of cancer, AIDS, and other diseases harms some of the most defenseless beings alive."

Though the lady that tossed those puppies in is a bitch...

http://animalscam.com

18. Callum93

Callum93 Madly Diligent

+0
    I don't like dogs/puppies at all but no need to throw them in the water for no reason.

19. Gimgak

Gimgak Madly Diligent

+8
    Don't forget it's also our responsibility as animal activists to take Discovery TV hostage so they show programming about saving our beloved squirrel friends and ending humans... :p

20. Watch Me Sink

Watch Me Sink Madly Diligent

+0
    Was PETA really behind that too?!?