• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are you can always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account to Forum Promotion by going to you account connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected and if you are part of the FP's Discord, you will automatically be given a role "Approved Users". And when ever a thread/post is created a notication will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

Improving Exchanges

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Retired Admin
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
Hi all,

Today we're releasing several improvements to the exchange and marketplace sections. This is the new team's first round of changes. We hope you find them useful!

Trade Feedback - NEW!

Members can now leave feedback on other members that they exchange, buy, or sell goods with. Feedback can be left by clicking "Trader History (X)" on a marketplace thread or user profile. Feedback is a way to help other users by letting them know how prior exchanges went. We encourage everyone to leave feedback, including both positive and negative experiences. This will change the way exchanges work on FP, because it will help the community build trust in the most reliable exchangers, and promote higher quality service for anyone who wants to make bank in the marketplace.

Please do not leave feedback for exchanges that were concluded before June 1st, 2018. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for leaving feedback here; we'd rather not reopen long-closed disagreements. Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis, but only in exceptional circumstances. Please contact me with any such requests.

Exchange Policy - NEW!

Today, we're launching a new exchange policy, which helps to clarify the process we go through when an exchange is disputed. Our goal here is to build trust with the community, so that you, the members, will have certainty that if an issue arises during an exchange, we will do our best to resolve the issue to the extent that we can.

Check out the new policy here: https://forumpromotion.net/forum/threads/exchange-policy.157386/

Buying and Selling FP$ - RULES CHANGED!

We aim to bring new life to the FP$ exchange section. Part of that is increasing the value of FP$, so that it will hold value in exchanges. Under the current system, it's really easy for someone to get a hold of a lot of FP$ with only a few bucks. We've decided to reverse a previous decision. Buying and selling FP$ with real cash will no longer be allowed on FP.

If you have any active exchanges, where money has already been sent, but FP$ not transferred yet, let us know, and we'll see what we can do to make sure the exchange goes smoothly. Otherwise, as of this moment, any FP$-for-cash exchanges, and cash-for-FP$ exchanges, should no longer be conducted. FP$ can still be traded for services such as posts. If you'd like to trade a product with concrete monetary value such as a domain for FP$, let us know and we'll be able to clarify whether the exchange is allowed.

Next Steps

We're currently discussing a second round of updates, which will include better ways of communicating with members who you would like to start an exchange with. More on that later, but we are glad to release this round of changes today, and we hope you find them useful. If you have any questions or feedback, let us know! Thank you for using Forum Promotion!

FP Staff

Last edited:

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Retired Admin
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
Buying and selling FP$ with real cash will no longer be allowed on FP.

Good changes from what I see. Now we only need a FP$ reset and make FP$ gathering a bit harder from posting. :)
Thanks! A reset is very unlikely, but we are looking into ways to increase the value of FP$. This is one of our main focuses at the moment.

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
VC users don't appear to have the permission to leave feedback. FYI (From what I can see)

• Useful
Reactions: Kaynil

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
Interesting changes, I remember getting in a back and forth with an administrator who never really did anything about people not holding their side of the bargain for an exchange, but that was many, many years ago.

Not really much point in making FP$ buyable via real money, as it just detracts from the site.

Reactions: Cosmic

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Retired Admin
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
VC users don't appear to have the permission to leave feedback. FYI (From what I can see)
Thanks for letting me know. Are you sure that it's not working for you? Try this link: https://forumpromotion.net/forum/trader/rateseller?user_id=5225 . Note that the feature was not enabled until a few minutes after the announcement was posted.

Interesting changes, I remember getting in a back and forth with an administrator who never really did anything about people not holding their side of the bargain for an exchange, but that was many, many years ago.

Not really much point in making FP$ buyable via real money, as it just detracts from the site.
We haven't had a consistent policy on how exchange disputes were handled until today, so we're hoping to improve that!

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Retired Admin
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
Thanks for letting me know. Are you sure that it's not working for you? Try this link: https://forumpromotion.net/forum/trader/rateseller?user_id=5225 . Note that the feature was not enabled until a few minutes after the announcement was posted.
Ahh alright.
So the direct link works but I see no feedback link in any threads or profiles :)

Cancel that. It's their now. Should definitely make that more noticeable though!
Yep, that's on the plate for round two, among other things. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Jordan

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
Yep, that's on the plate for round two, among other things. Stay tuned.
Cool. Even something as simple as this would help:
upload_2018-7-15_3-33-49.png

Reactions: Cosmic and John

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
One possible rule. No overly one-sided exchanges.

For instance, if someone requests 100 posts in exchange for 10 or vice versa, then there's something seriously suspect about that and it has happened before.

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
One possible rule. No overly one-sided exchanges.

For instance, if someone requests 100 posts in exchange for 10 or vice versa, then there's something seriously suspect about that and it has happened before.
You can simply just not accept that request? o_O

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
One thing to note is that not all posts are made equal, if someone is expecting a 300 word post, then that's not the same as posts like "yo" which some seem to be fond of blasting.

But, that would make the rules more complicated.

You can simply just not accept that request? o_O
Blatant scammers are a nuisance, plus manipulative.

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
Blatant scammers are a nuisance, plus manipulative.
Let's not make things more complicated than they need to be. :p Someone makes a thread asking for 100/10 ratio, simply don't respond :laughing:

One thing to note is that not all posts are made equal, if someone is expecting a 300 word post, then that's not the same as posts like "yo" which some seem to be fond of blasting.

But, that would make the rules more complicated.
I'm positive that is what this feedback is for though! If someone just posts a simple "yes", "yo", "welcome" posts you give them a negative feedback.

My question will be how the team will moderate these feedback statements. Such as, say you truly were posting 300-word posts, in all the right sections, and doing everything perfectly, but you give them a negative feedback for doing simple "yo" posts, what is stopping them from giving you a negative feedback :p

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
I'm positive that is what this feedback is for though! If someone just posts a simple "yes", "yo", "welcome" posts you give them a negative feedback.
It's really a scam, to be honest. Those sorts of posts are the same as not posting at all, unless that's the deal.

But maybe that would work, I'm glad I don't deal with this stuff these days lol
If I want a bunch of "yo" or "hi", then I can just create an alt and do it myself.

D

Deleted member 5665

My question will be how the team will moderate these feedback statements.
Very good point on this part. Nothing stops someone from down right abusing it, but the best option I would assume is to report it to a Administrator, but it is sorta common sense not to abuse it, but there will still be those few people.

• Agree
Reactions: Jordan

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
My question will be how the team will moderate these feedback statements. Such as, say you truly were posting 300-word posts, in all the right sections, and doing everything perfectly, but you give them a negative feedback for doing simple "yo" posts, what is stopping them from giving you a negative feedback
I would probably suggest good guidelines to get people on the same page.
To state upfront what quality people expect and what-not, otherwise it's open to interpretation.

Beyond policing the obvious, etc. though, there's not much people really can do.
Also, rep abuse should be a bannable offence, if it's just a troublemaker acting up over and over.

Last edited:

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
We've decided to reverse a previous decision.
This actually might be for the best.

However, I'd assume you can still exchange $FP for domains and stuff like that right? (Like brand new domains. As in I buy someone the domain for $FP)

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Retired Admin
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
My question will be how the team will moderate these feedback statements. Such as, say you truly were posting 300-word posts, in all the right sections, and doing everything perfectly, but you give them a negative feedback for doing simple "yo" posts, what is stopping them from giving you a negative feedback :p
Here is what the new exchange policy says on this:

Feedback Policy

Both positive and negative feedback are allowed in the exchange feedback system. This system can be accessed by clicking "Trader History" on a profile or marketplace thread. You can also leave a comment on the user's thread, though we recommend using the feedback system. In either case, comments should be honest, direct, polite, and professional. Any feedback that is determined to be untrue, unprofessional, or left in bad faith, may be removed or edited. Feedback for exchanges that took place before June 1st, 2018, is not allowed, as those exchanges were too long before the introduction of the feedback system for us to properly vet.
We'll need to see what issues actually come up before we know how the rubber meets the road. But if your example came up today, we would initially wait to receive a complaint from the person rated. We would then ask both sides to see what the facts were. If the feedback is clearly factually inaccurate, we'll work with the rater to come up with a new feedback response that is actually factual. We'll still give them broad leeway in choosing negative or positive, but we won't allow false statements, or feedback that we are reasonably certain is made in bad faith, to intentionally and dishonestly damage someone's reputation.

Reactions: Azareal

Empire

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Glad to have some rules and policy in place, that's what forum promotion is missing, yet again it was never added from the start. This will help to get more active users as they have to post to earn. It's just down to what FP can offer other then posting/reviews/exchanges and whatnot.

Regards PayPal! members can still use there own money for domain/advertisement/posts/threads and other major things?
And about time that now members can not buy FP$ :) So we will not see them joining buying FP$ using it for there needs then leave. Should be implanted years back. Downside for me and others like @Jordan that over the years we did pay for FP$ and we have so much FP$ that we have no idea what to do with it..

Also isn't anything regards about giving FP$ away?

So new changes and hop to see more. Also that trade feedback needs to be easy to read. no wounder I can not see it...