Solved Improving FP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey

Powered by Starbucks
Honestly I think the main thing is just that forums are no longer that popular of a communication platform; facebook groups and reddit have really taken over, unfortunately. Back in '09 FP was getting like 1,000 posts a day but there were just way more people running, and using, forums. The site is far from dead though so there's always some incremental improvements that can be made.
FP Has came back, over the last weeks with Cameron as an new owner and the old team is also came back it has picked up. Allot of old members are now here and posting around
This is true. However, how many of those who have returned have sites of their own to promote? I know I don't, and I've noticed several others returning to actively post here but aren't utilizing the promotion services. The community isn't really the problem, I'll agree with that, but this does bring up an interesting point about services and their datedness.

Are the promotion services being offered things that belong in 2018? Or has their popularity faded in the last decade? I believe that is what the staff are wanting to see here.

To those with active, open forums of their own: think about what service would be most helpful to you and suggest that. Think out of the box and go wild, you never know what will be possible.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaynil

Reverie

Seasoned Veteran
Mar 10, 2014
Texas
atriumforum.com
FP$
I could see use of targeting the members who are here who are posting, but don't have their own forum. But that's where I get stuck.. Not really sure what the best method is for that.

topned

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jan 29, 2018
myfriendsdirectory.com
FP$
My idea isn't as intricate as some I have seen in this thread, a great improvement here would be to allow members to delete their own threads rather than relying on an admin or mod to do it for them.

how many of those who have returned have sites of their own to promote?
Many return that doesn't have sites or already have achieved it and don't need FP services.
allow members to delete their own threads rather than relying on an admin or mod to do it for them
that has been mention before and it's not an good idea. Unless rather then delete it, it hides it. If that was the case then members will delete all threads and then it's going to make allot more work on the staff.

• Agree
Reactions: ChrisGrigg

Azareal

Paragon
Many return that doesn't have sites or already have achieved it and don't need FP services.

that has been mention before and it's not an good idea. Unless rather then delete it, it hides it. If that was the case then members will delete all threads and then it's going to make allot more work on the staff.
Not really, the idea is not to delete posts immediately but to leave them hidden for 24 hours first ala Discourse.

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
My idea isn't as intricate as some I have seen in this thread, a great improvement here would be to allow members to delete their own threads rather than relying on an admin or mod to do it for them.
You're talking about deleting entire threads? That sounds problematic.

topned

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jan 29, 2018
myfriendsdirectory.com
FP$
allow members to delete their own threads rather than relying on an admin or mod to do it for them
that has been mention before and it's not an good idea. Unless rather then delete it, it hides it. If that was the case then members will delete all threads and then it's going to make allot more work on the staff.[/QUOTE]

Wow did not realize this.

Maybe hide them as Real suggested?

Kaynil

Paragon
Package Team
I think hidding a thread rather than obliterating it could work and help the staff load to make the board look clean even if they still had work to do hehibd the scenes.

Probably it could be a good idea to have the OP be forced to type a reason in irder to proceed. Then staff could have a look at it (and maybe keeping for a while before prunning it) and make sure it wasn't deleted out of foul play (ie. to delete evidence of scam or any form foul play) before allowing to be prunned out of the system. :kissing::music:

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
Deleting a thread in XenForo does "Hide" it. It's called "Soft Delete". Not even sure staff can Hard Delete atm either, (Unless this setting has been changed)

• Agree
Reactions: DylRicho

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
Hmm, we might consider allowing self-delete of threads in some forums. A copy would need to be retained, just in case there's important information logged on the thread. For example, if someone uses a thread to scam people, then deletes it to cover their tracks. Does anyone find our response time on the reports too slow?

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
Hmm, we might consider allowing self-delete of threads in some forums. A copy would need to be retained, just in case there's important information logged on the thread. For example, if someone uses a thread to scam people, then deletes it to cover their tracks. Does anyone find our response time on the reports too slow?
Well if its a soft delete, we would still be able to see it after a user deletes it.

Reverie

Seasoned Veteran
Mar 10, 2014
Texas
atriumforum.com
FP$
You can always report a post/topic you wanted deleted as well. I've seen some users go that route and it doesn't bother me. :)
When posts are just edited "delete" we don't always go and see the first post in a thread anymore since we go to the recent posts.

Or like Matt asks, does anyone think our response time to reports are too slow currently?

does anyone think our response time to reports are too slow currently?
I noticed that it's slow around my UK morning time till early afternoon then it picks up. That's since most staff members are in the same time zone. But I say that you guys are not slow.

1. Promotion

Well let's look at Promotion from a users prospective. Would I as a user want to promote here and would I believe I would currently benefit from it? No not at all, but why is that? Well it is firstly due to the fact there isn't much of a community here and not many people. Supply and demand is the key and there is a demand for promotion, but no supply to draw from. FP needs to promote itself to draw in more users to FP if there is to ever be a desire to promote here again.

2. Services and Currency

FP does focus a lot around its services, but I believe considering how much the internet has grown FP no longer offers quality services that are worth using. It would be in FP's benefit to reform its services to offer better quality services more so for the review and posting package services. Reviews need better team members with more knowledge and experience to offer better detailed more reviews to newer administrations. While the Package Team needs more reliable and willing participants to offer higher quality posting services because I could go anywhere else to get posting services that is offered in equal or less value and at great quality in terms of FP$.

Also the other issue is FP cash itself. There is no value to be had in FP$, but that is mostly due to poor quality services, but also the large amount that currently exists and how much people can gather. I believe FP$ should be reset and made harder to gather and push for harder and strong values for the future of FP$ so it can create a general standard among the internet to draw more investment and interest. This would in my opinion be the best long term strategy for the future of FP$. If it continue as it is no one would really want to invest their time (or money considering it can be sold for real cash).

Also as for exchange services and recruitment that comes along with what I mention earlier about supply and demand. FP needs to draw more people in willing to invest their time here, but right now there is nothing that draws people in willing to invest. Unless such changes are taken I doubt that will happen anytime soon. I hope for FP's success, but we need some actual demand here on FP I personally would like to see FP$ be harder to get so there would be worth investing my time in myself.
Hi so I do not agree with most of this but I can't disagree. The current problem with this forum is that all the members have like me grown up... Let's face it I joined 7 years ago and I am 23 now... I come back because I am interested in what some new people have to offer.

The problem nowadays is that Facebook and other social media platforms have taken over and so there are no market fro forums any more. If I have a problem I ask a community on Facebook or Reddit. It is sad but that's the natural cause of things.

The past for FP has been tainted by young members controlling the forum, I am not saying that this is a problem now as I have been away for a while but the damage has already been done. I am an old member and I remember posting and having hundreds of replies all is gone now.

Pennywise

Madly Diligent
Having Site Battle again instead of once a month as it gets more hype then regular battle.
What do you mean by this? Are you referring to our Site Battles forum? Or are you referring to Site Battle Madness, which we do on an annual basis?
Site battle madness.
I feel like the SBM competition would lose its value if it were held more often.
Yeah, I feel the Site Battle Madness would be more special if we kept it to doing it once a year. Like, it gives the people that participate in the SBM, like the winner and runner-up, bragging rights for a year until they do it again the next year. Plus, it is kind of taxing on the staff to have to run that particular contest in addition to doing their normal duties.

What about doing that SBM once a year in March/April but doing another contest later on in the year? It would make the SBM special because it would still be done only once a year. At the same time, we could have another contest about the same size but a contest that was completely different in nature. We could do it around September/October and it would also give the staff time to take a break in between these contests.

bravosi

Familiar Face
Dec 10, 2018
FP$
I could try spreading news about this forum on my Facebook page (6k audience), and perhaps on Discord too.

Status
Not open for further replies.